classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SKIS for Sale: Rossignol S86 Freeride Skis (178 cm) $550

brknspk
This post was updated on .
Oops, I bought these skis too long for my height!  They are mounted with the Rossignol Freeski 120 bindings for a size 10 boot (320 mm). The heel has about 25 mm of adjustability, so they should fit boots between 315 and 340.

I scraped the base of one ski in 3 places and have had them freshly p-tex’d and tuned (see pic). I’ve got 3 ski days on them and they are in excellent condition. No crossed-ski scratches on the tops and the bottoms are tuned, textured and waxed.

These are Ski Magazine’s Gold Medal Winner for men’s mixed-snow: “The S86 is an accomplished generalist. Sidecut and traditional camber underfoot combined with a wood-core, metal-reinforced construction make it surefooted on hard snow. But rocker and reverse camber tip-and-tail make it fun and easy in powder, crud, even bumps. It pivots, skids, smears, carves—whatever is asked of it—making it a great choice for anything but the deepest powder or hardest ice. “Hungry for fun in all conditions, especially crud and bumps,” said Scholey.”

Category Ranking: Men's Mixed Snow: 1
Dimensions: 130-86.5-116 mm
Sidecut Radius: 17.6 m
MSRP: $800 without bindings

Full manufacturer’s description: http://www.rossignol.com/US/US/s86-freeride_RA0LN01_product_ski-men-skis-freeski.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SKIS for Sale: Rossignol S86 Freeride Skis (178 cm) $550

jen-k
Just to say my husband just got these in 170 and loves LOVES loves them.  More than me I fear... They are awesome all mountain skis. He skied them in Alta and now at Platte and they rock the conditions. Except the few rocks they met recently...
JHC
Reply | Threaded
|

JHC
In reply to this post by brknspk
Are your skis still available?  
Reply | Threaded
|

brknspk
No, the skis are no longer for sale. I changed my technique just a bit and gave them a second chance.  I now use them for almost everything and LOVE them!
JHC
Reply | Threaded
|

JHC
Thanks for prompt reply.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by brknspk
brknspk wrote
No, the skis are no longer for sale. I changed my technique just a bit and gave them a second chance.  I now use them for almost everything and LOVE them!
A little OT for the gear forum... but this sounds a little like me.  Do the research, make a choice.  Ski it a few days and then decide I screwed up. Then start dealing with it, because I spent some serious cash. I probably wouldn't be proactive enough to sell them.

Then after a few more ski days...

"Hey! These things aren't so bad!"

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp