SUP Stokage Videos!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SUP Stokage Videos!

Telemark Dave
Although I dabble at windsurfing, I am totally immersed Into Stand Up Paddling...specifically downwinding.

As summer draws to a close, the fall winds start blowing, bekoning to me like the Sirens luring the mariners of myth.

Here's a really, really good video from Cape Town S.A. of the Milnerton run.

YEEEEWWW!
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SUP Stokage Videos!

Sick Bird Rider
Duuuuude. Are you moving to Africa?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Duuuuude. Are you moving to Africa?

The pow skiing is better in Japan, but I'm not about to move there either!
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Actually I'd rather move to the epicenter.

Maui.

TD aka

SUPahD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
To explain it better....

SUPahD
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
When I was windsurfing on Maui in April I saw a few guys out. They basically were long board surfing. My wife and I SUP on Cape Cod and LI this summer, I have to admit, it was kinda boring.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
JasonWx wrote
When I was windsurfing on Maui in April I saw a few guys out. They basically were long board surfing. My wife and I SUP on Cape Cod and LI this summer, I have to admit, it was kinda boring.
really boring on a lake, maybe better on ocean.  It is nice when its roasting out and too hot to do anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Before TD blows a gasket I will step in. If you find SUP boring then you weren't trying hard enough to like it or get good at it. Sure, going out on a calm bay and lollygagging around on a beginner board with a crappy paddle might be kind of dull. Just as the same situation would be dull in a canoe or kayak. Or to the beginner skier endlessly snowplowing down green runs. Save your final judgement until after you have used a more performance-oriented board, a good paddle and been out in some waves or paddled in a special place. Not boring.

I do not SUP even half as much as Dave but have had some transcendent moments on a paddle board. One time I paddled up a winding river to the local waterfall and back just before sunset. The light was incredible, I could see water critters, aquatic plants and effects of current that you would never see sitting down. On the way back I focused on paddling and looking ahead, to the point where I could not see the board and felt like I was flying in SUPer  slow motion through this green, forested waterworld. It was a bit surreal and no intoxicants were involved.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
It is a great way to relax and be one with nature. Unless you are in the waves there is zero rush.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
JasonWx wrote
It is a great way to relax and be one with nature. Unless you are in the waves there is zero rush.
Agreed.

And although I also get zero rush in posting on the interweb, I'm guessing from the number of posts we all seem to tally up, there must be some sort of unquantifiable appeal...

TD