Same Old Greek Peak .... ME THINKS NOT!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Same Old Greek Peak .... ME THINKS NOT!

kenneywallace
Ok grammer boss, get the rulr oute and smack me hande four bad gammer and spilling lol

So horrible,  so evil lol

I stand firm if you hqve to go after spelling I won the point..... my estimate is in the ballpark
Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
kenneywallace wrote
I stand firm if you hqve to go after spelling I won the point..... my estimate is in the ballpark
In the ballpark?

All
your numbers are made up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by kenneywallace
kenneywallace wrote
Ok grammer boss, get the rulr oute and smack me hande four bad gammer and spilling lol
So horrible,  so evil lol
For the record, it's "grammar," with two a's and no e.
You posted elsewhere that you may go to ranger school at Wanakena.  That's awesome, I admire you for that.  It's probably what I should have done instead of becoming an accountant.  But forest ranger or accountant, you're going to need to express yourself more clearly if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Back to the point.  I invested 30 seconds of Googling into Greek's gross revenue (which is all I'm willing to invest) and came up with this citation from 2009 that pegged the ski area's gross revenue at $6 million.  That's before the whole waterpark / hotel project.  I suspect that 5 years later the core ski area business is about the same.  Intuitively that makes sense, around 150K skier visits at $40 per on average.  All the other stuff (food, lessons, equip rental) is fluff that amounts to pennies on the dollar.

I have no information on which to base an estimate of the waterpark / hotel revenue, but it would be the rentals of however many of the 150 units are unsold.  I'd be surprised if that amounts to more than a million or two.  If half the units are unsold (75), and every single one is rented out every single night of the year for $200/night average rate, that would be $5.5 million.  There's no way they come anywhere close to that theoretical maximum.  As for additional sales of condominium units, you don't count those as part of gross revenue for an ongoing business because they're non-recurring.  It's a real estate transaction, not operating revenue.  You can only sell a given unit one time.  

Bottom line: Greek's revenue is well south of $10 mil.

Reply | Threaded
|

kenneywallace
1) no jokeing, bad spelling and grammar is a side effect of about 25 or so mild- server concusions, so no I won't claim to spell right

2) I kinda spelled everything wrong in the last post on purpose

3) play me in a game of chess befor you call me dumb, school champion, collage champion befor I messed up (all the wrong reasons)

4) its a guess based on 62 $ lift tickets and 150k people buying lift tickets, plus 100k in season pass revenue, at 50 k they bring in 3.2 mill, 100k is 6.2 mill ( as full on weekends as greek is its gotta be 80- 150k visitors, binghamton, cortland, norwich, ithaca, syracuse, auburn area would surport atlease that)
If they can't hit that then wow does the other 3 areas take a chunk out of them

The lodge did lose them money in the past,
Also gotta consider arcadia village, greek sold housing not in the 150 unit motel

Ya so if its well south of 10mill revenue, then I see why it went under, take out taxes, utility's,  payroll,  upkeep, insurance,  food, any contracters, flood insurance if they can get that still, and possabily of annual flooding, cots would be somewhere between 4- 8 mill,

That's realy a thin line to walk then, wow, any little slip.

Throw a link at you that means greek is sad if its only 8 mill

http://www.manta.com/c/mthnfth/labrador-mountain-ski-area

20-40 mill at lab?
Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Kenney I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Enjoy Lab, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmk
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
kenneywallace wrote
Throw a link at you that means greek is sad if its only 8 mill

http://www.manta.com/c/mthnfth/labrador-mountain-ski-area

20-40 mill at lab?
That's laughable. Check the skiers visits quoted from management

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/no_snow_no_go_down_the_slopes.html

Here's what you link says about Greek

More Details for Greek Peak Ski Resort

Categorized under Skiing Centers and Resorts. Our records show it was established in 2007 and incorporated in New York. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 120000 and employs a staff of approximately 2.

Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
This post was updated on .
kenneywallace wrote
befor you call me dumb,
Ken, I'm not calling you dumb, but you're making all sorts of naive assumptions (guesses).  And your spelling is atrocious.

kenneywallace wrote
its a guess based on 62 $ lift tickets and 150k people buying lift tickets
No, no no.  Gore did $8.9 million revenue on 200K skier visits = $45/skier visit, or 59% of their $75 rack rate.  WF did $10.5 million revenue on 192K skier visits = $55/skier visit, or 64% of their $85 rack rate.  The low $$ per skier visit is due to discounts, season passes, groups, packages, Liftopia, etc.  Greek's gonna average $40 per skier visit, not $62.  As I said before, the ski area is probably a $6 million business based on my very limited knowledge of Greek.

kenneywallace wrote
Ya so if its well south of 10mill revenue, then I see why it went under, take out taxes, utility's,  payroll,  upkeep, insurance,  food, any contracters, flood insurance if they can get that still, and possabily of annual flooding, cots would be somewhere between 4- 8 mill,
Ken buddy, neither you nor I have any idea what Greek's cost structure is, and I'm not going to speculate.  I have no idea if their costs leave them any profit on the bottom line.  I suspect profit varies quite a bit from year to year and that they may lose money in a bad winter.  Running any ski area is a tough business.

kenneywallace wrote
20-40 mill at lab?
Dude you are cracking me up.  Stop.  Drop the zeroes.

Ken, I'm not sure I even understand your original point,  but I'm about done with this thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
ADK Jeff is the new Noah!  that was awesome!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Chatiemac
Don't be bullying Kenny.   The boys from Truxton and down at 3 Bear don't take kindly to that.   Maybe the spelling police could log onto the Grammar Forum if that's what they want to talk about.   CNY loves ya Kenny
Ski the East
Reply | Threaded
|

Zippy
I agree with chatiemac. I never joined another forum. I like this site because it seems less mean than other places. Not sure how you got hurt kenney, but don't listen to them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
ScottyJack wrote
ADK Jeff is the new Noah!  that was awesome!!  
Nah, I'm a lot nicer than Noah.  Where is that guy anyhow?  We haven't heard from him in a month. Did he quit, did Harvey ban him, or did he take time off for sensitivity training?

Chatiemac wrote
Don't be bullying Kenny.
I called Kenney out to defend his wild ass numbers.  That's not bullying.  In fact, I said I admired Kenney and that was sincere.  If you wish to point out where you feel I was being a bully, I'm happy to apologize.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I'm biting my tongue on this thread; however, don't underestimate Kenney.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

I love me some green beer ---- gonna be a hoot
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
I love all green things and plants lol.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks for the beers Marc  

Please, you/John and your families stop by the A18 Tailgate Party this Sunday .... U know where it will be

Deep fried turkey, veni and beer is on the menu----- all with a great view of the pond skimming action.