Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: School me on Park City / Canyons

Z
This post was updated on .
x10003q wrote
snoloco wrote
As Coach mentioned before, the Crescent lift is not near any parking lots.
Nope. There is a parking lot right in front of the main plaza and the Crescent HSQ is on the other side of the plaza.

snoloco wrote
  It is a quarter mile away from the parking lots and about a measured 150 vertical above.  You're not starting at that lift unless staying on-mountain.
Every major ski area has far lots. Since this is usually the case and there is parking right across from the plaza at Park City, you do not need to take an extra lift if you get there early enough, just like every other resort with large parking areas.

snoloco wrote
 You're starting at Eagle, First Time, or Payday.  Since you have to take First Time to reach the Crescent lift, that counts as an additional lift.  I hate parking lots that require a bus, so I'd take the additional lift, but if you did take the bus, then it is a shuttle bus, plus 3 lifts away instead of 4 lifts.
Yes, 3 lifts to the top of Jupiter, not 6 lifts.
My recollection is the lot we parked in was either free or cheap
The lot you mention is $25+ and maybe more now that Vail owns the place.  

Funny thing us I go skiing to actually ski good terrian not ride an endless series of F-ing lifts.  PC sucks and you can't put lipstick on this pig and make it better or even decent.  It is bar none THE worst ski area in CO or UT.  

I don't understand why any strong skier on this site would choose to ski there when within 45 mins there is some of the best skiing in the world.  Go to Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin and hop on one lift and get the goods not blown snow.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Coach Z wrote
PC sucks and you can't put lipstick on this pig and make it better or even decent.  It is bar none THE worst ski area in CO or UT.
No way. Eldora? Brian Head? Ski Granby?

Don't make blanket statements. Makes you look foolish.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Z
Most large western resorts (especially Vail-owned) don't screw around in the "parking lots that require a bus" department.  If you're not VIP or willing to pay Manhattan prices for close parking, you can take the bus.  Park City is actually not that bad in that they have parking lots that require and additional lift instead of a bus if you don't want to pay.  From looking at Google Earth, I was pretty sure that the parking lot near the base village was expensive, yet still requires a quarter mile walk through the village.  That's their method of turning you upside down and shaking out as much money as possible.  Don't want to pay? Then you can take the shuttle bus, or an additional lift to get to the skiing.  Need lift tickets or anything else?  Then you get to try and find it in the base village and they hope you get sidetracked and spend money at one of their overpriced shops.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Eudora is a pretty fun place.  

I've been to all the biggies and some smaller ones.  Ok let's say major ski area.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time