Secura-fix and Skins '90s vintage randonee adapters

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Secura-fix and Skins '90s vintage randonee adapters

Michaeltokyo
Make me an offer, barely used. Skins work great.  Saratoga area.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Secura-fix and Skins '90s vintage randonee adapters

Michaeltokyo
This will be a curbside pickup on Craigslist soon if nobody wants it.
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
OK the Secura-fix allows me to turn regular nordics into back country and the skins make it possible to go up the hill once the lifts stop running.  Never thought about going uphill once the lifts closed but the videos I saw posted since the lifts stopped running have me intrigued.  Without doing the whole back country package I could give it a try not this season but maybe next.  I never have tried this anyone have any advice - would these still work?  Not sure what to offer either?
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
These are for conventional alpine (downhill) bindings, to allow uphill travel with your alpine binding and boots that freeheel.  When you want to go downhill, just remove the skins and binding adapters and you go downhill like the conventional alpine (not telemark) skier. Don't think of this as when the lifts close, but to go places the lifts don't take you to.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
MT:

Do you still have these available? More interested in the s-f than the skins but will take the package if you want to make them go away. If so, PM me at "gord at algonquinoutfitters dot com" with whatever price you think is fair, plus factor in postage to somewhere in Buffalo area or Vermont.

Thanks

sbr
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
SBR -
I already got them looking forward to trying uphill skiing this winter.
Fahz
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
fahz wrote
SBR -
I already got them looking forward to trying uphill skiing this winter.
Fahz
Very cool.

FYI if a piece of gear is sold, the original poster should make a final post in the thread indicating that it is no longer available.

Also if you'd like to be contacted by email, but don't want to post your email address - to protect it from spam bots or whatever - you can use the forum email feature.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
All points duly noted.

Thanks for the heads up, Fahz, enjoy the uphill journey. If you don't like them, let me know.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
SBR, if you still have nothing by next season, I'll most likely have some alpine trekkers up for sale.