classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Signs That "It Won't Be Long Now" — New Gloves

Jamesdeluxe
This post was updated on .
We still have more than two months to cool our heels, but seeing the big box of $14 Head ski gloves at Costco today got me psyched for the upcoming season.

I left my most recent pair at Plattekill last February, and didn't make it back to check the lost and found, so it was time for the 2010 version.

New gloves and a December warm-up trip already penciled in. I'm ready.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Signs That "It Won't Be Long Now" -- Costco Ski Gloves

Snowballs
Banned User
I know you got yours, but FYI for others....

Cabela's Pinnacle Glove. Same as the Marmot glove the local ski shop sells for $180, sometimes more.

The black and tan Pinnacle seems to be stuffed a little fatter than the greys. Both are very excellent, 400 reviews and still a 4.5 rating out of 5 ! We've bought them as low as $40 men's and $30 dollars ladies depending on the time.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0047653921909a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=pinnacle&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23

Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
X2 for the Cabelas. AAA Benny rating, but, only for cold. No removable liners.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Get some Hestras, best gloves you'll ever own
Reply | Threaded
|

HR Isotoner Test Drive

Harvey
Administrator
Got this in the HR mailbox today. Seems like they must have found this thread by Googling. I'm not kidding myself by thinking HR is actually on ISOTONER's radar:

Harvey,

My name is Rachael, and I work with totes-ISOTONER (you probably know them as the world's largest marketer of umbrellas, gloves, slippers and other weather-related accessories). We are big fans of Harvey Road and would like to invite you to try our new smarTouch™ gloves and experience using touch screen devices (mobile phones, mp3 players, GPS devices, etc.) in the cold winter months like never before.

Until now, trying to use touch screen devices in frigid weather meant having to remove your gloves…but not anymore!  The smarTouch gloves feature a conductive thread that is embroidered on each glove’s index finger and thumb. The thread conveys an electrical impulse from the fingers to any touch screen device. A non-slip palm design improves grip, while ISOTONER’s signature stretch materials provide superior fit and flexibility.

We like to think totes-ISOTONER is known for fashion and function – now we’re adding technology to the mix to give people style, comfort, productivity and connectivity.

We know Harvey Road is a resource for readers looking for the latest information on all things snow skiing in New York, so we’d love to send you a pair to try. We do have limited product right now in advance of the launch (they’ll be in stores in October), so if you want to try a pair, let us know as soon as you can.

If you can include in your response your mailing address and your glove size (men’s – medium or large), we’ll send you a pair of the gloves, as well as some info on where people can buy the gloves, how much they cost and details on a sweepstakes in which we’re giving away gloves and an Apple iPad®.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Rachael

I'll probably give it a shot.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: HR Isotoner Test Drive

skimore
cool man, but make sure you bring your buddy with you who dug the chick out at plattekill for when you get wrapped around a tree texting while skiing
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
Wow, this blog is reaping dividends! Who knew?
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by skimore
hehehe. Seems I recall someone saying yuz were getting famous Mr. 44!

Now, you got Girls asking about your, uhm.........size.

No probably about it..... Do a test of them...It's the cool and fun thing to do. Many of your readers no doubt have the glove vs device issue. They will wanna know how well those gloves work. Could be a good thing for them. Yuz might even get mo' publicity from it yuzself.

" I wore Isotoner SmarTouch Gloves to effortlessly Blog from the chair. They kept my fingers warm and texty! "- HR***

" Isotoner SmarTOUCH Gloves....Endorsed by Harvey Road! ".

Oh yeah, manys the time I Google something about the North Country and your Bloggy self pops up on the first page. Is that a sign you've made it?

Glad JD started a Glove thread.

Maybe someone will want you to test Tele Skis next.... Ski boots....Vehicles.....Merlot.....Cookies.....Bedtime stories

***Commercial use of Snowballs' slogans earns Snowballs free gloves, cookies and a nice bedtime story.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Goreskimom
Goreskimom wrote
Wow, this blog is reaping dividends! Who knew?
Our mailbox is just FULL of checks. It's amazing.

skimore wrote
cool man, but make sure you bring your buddy with you who dug the chick out at plattekill for when you get wrapped around a tree texting while skiing
That would be Jason, our resident meteorologist rockstar hero.

Truth is I'm a mitten guy.  I see absolutely no advantage in gloves for skiing.

If there is anyone who uses a smart phone and has the desire to trade these hightech gloves for a review of this product let me know.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
No advantage in Gloves?
How about picking up gear
Zipping or unzipping your coat or pockets
Getting into your pack
Adjusting boot buckles

all easier with gloves
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gloves, Mittens and Isotoner

Harvey
Administrator
skimore wrote
No advantage in Gloves?
How about picking up gear
Zipping or unzipping your coat or pockets
Getting into your pack
Adjusting boot buckles

all easier with gloves
I realize I'm in the minority. Seems like everyone wears gloves.  I think I can do most of those things with mittens. Really warm gloves don't give me that much dexterity. Usually when I take off my mittens it's because I'm taking pics. I can't seem to do that with gloves on.  I also carry hand warmers for an emergency which work a little better in mittens.

More from Isotoner:

Hi Harvey,

I’m so glad you want to try the smarTouch™ gloves! We’ll get those sent to you this week.

As I mentioned before, we’ll include some info with the gloves, so you know where people can buy the gloves, how much they cost, etc.

We’re also running the “Give the Gift of Touch” sweepstakes in which your readers and a friend could win new smarTouch™ gloves and an Apple iPad®. All you have to do is send a friend a virtual pair of smarTouch™ gloves on Facebook. If they click on the gift, both are entered to win. The giveaway will go live on Facebook on November 1st.

Thanks for writing an honest review! We follow industry guidelines so we always encourage bloggers to write an honest review with full disclosure of your affiliation (i.e., that you received the gloves). If there’s anything else you need, just let me know. Thanks again for testing out the gloves for us. Can’t wait to hear what you think of them.

Rachael
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Hope those isotoners have a good nonslip grip. I can see people losing their Blackberrys from a chair, and all their personal info with it! , if the glove is slippery. I know, shouldn't use them on the chair but people will.

Me? don't own one.

Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
 Really warm gloves don't give me that much dexterity.

A good pair will and won't be bulky
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Got a package in the mail tonight from Rachael at Isotoner ... the smarTouch™ gloves for the winter test drive. Hmm .. pink?

Isotoner Smartouch Package

These things are lookin kinda chichi. Not sure if they are really my style. I was especially concerned as Zelda was eyeing them thinking they were "cute" ... she offered to do the test herself.

Smartouch Gloves

...when you consider what I normally wear....

Harv's Mittens

They seem pretty well made.  They aren't thin enough to go under my usual mittens, so they are going to have to stand on their own, as far as warmth is concerned.

I did a little test drive on my crackberry ... seemed like the thumb worked better than the forefinger.

One other thing ... the sizing seemed odd. Unless there are larger sizes than a Men's Large (XL, XXL etc) that might be a problem for some. I have average hands and I definitely couldn't fit into a medium.