Ski 3 pricing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski 3 pricing

Benny Profane
The Bellayre glades posts have me thinking of a Gore/Bellayre pass for next year before I head west again, but, Madone, is it really a 1000 dollar pass if bought early? I don't think so.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski 3 pricing

PeeTex
Benny,

Is this you first full year in full retirement?
I haven't gotten to the point where I ski full time in the season, I probably should before I get too old. Just take from Dec 1 through April and chase storms. But would the wife let me?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Lateski
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Closer to $600+ if you buy early, the prices up now are from last year, I guess the 15/16 season won't be 'til tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Here's a couple for your collection of famous Internet skiers quotes.

PeeTex wrote
But would the wife let me?
PeeTex wrote
I probably should before I get too old.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
No thanks - I think I'll stick with these
Glade Runner wrote
  I know Gore probably better than most of you
Glade Runner wrote
  I can make myself look like an asshole just fine on my own.
Glade Runner wrote
  I don't know what you are worried about unless you are afraid to duck a rope.
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
759 last year, looks the same this year. Not sure why it's  quoting GR, just replied to general thread, but it's 759 early season pricing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I'm not saying don't keep mine but be sure to include yours.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
PeeTex wrote
Benny,

Is this you first full year in full retirement?
I haven't gotten to the point where I ski full time in the season, I probably should before I get too old. Just take from Dec 1 through April and chase storms. But would the wife let me?

Pretty much the first year. So, it's either go all in to the west(or Europe), which I really don't want to do, or go hybrid with two months out west and Dec. and Jan. back east to warm up. So, you see my problem. Double pricing. I think the best solution is a midweek pass back east somewhere, which can be really cheap, and, better quality skiing.

We were just talking about chasing storms a few hours ago at happy hour. It's pretty expensive. Basically paying retail for tickets and top prices for lodging. I ain't rich like these trust fund kids I meet who do this.

funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Benny Profane wrote

Pretty much the first year. So, it's either go all in to the west(or Europe), which I really don't want to do, or go hybrid with two months out west and Dec. and Jan. back east to warm up. So, you see my problem. Double pricing. I think the best solution is a midweek pass back east somewhere, which can be really cheap, and, better quality skiing.

We were just talking about chasing storms a few hours ago at happy hour. It's pretty expensive. Basically paying retail for tickets and top prices for lodging. I ain't rich like these trust fund kids I meet who do this.
I have known a few storm chasers and yes, they usually don't worry too much about plane tickets, hotel rooms and lift tickets, not private jet rich, but they don't worry about money. Those I have known who do it more on the cheap usually have a home and summer job in the east and a good resort job and rent a house in the west, but they are tied to one place out west. Sounds like you are coming to a reasonable solution though.