26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ski Boot Comfort: Alpine and Tele

Harvey
Administrator
Not really sure yet.

First I need to get the scratch together to make the final payment on the skis.  Once they are here, in my living room, I will try to get a vibe from the skis. I expect them to speak to me...

Who's the best AT boot fitter that's not out of my way? (Central NJ or NY/NJ border up 87).  We used Steiners for Zelda's boots, bindings and skis. The work was expensive and it seemed very solid.

Do I mail order the Fritschis? From who? What size?

Just sayin.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Fritschi's Harv?

How many days do you expect to tour. Fritschi's are great in soft snow, not GREAT on man made hard ice. Excel on tours compared to the other step in options ime. But, if you only tour a few times a year I would think you would want markers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
LOL. Here's the line I wrote first and deleted vs the (throwaway) Fritchi comment:

"ml - if you were going get a shot at the Chic Chocs on the Worth's  (98mm), what boots and bindings would YOU choose?"

I know this is odd but I'm not really looking for an ice ski.  While admittedly teleing is hard on ice...

If I get some fixed heel skis that are dialed in for super firm, I still won't have solved my problem. I want floatier fatter skis to handle deeper inconsistent snow.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
If you are looking for a soft snow ski, and soft snow is 99 percent of the time pure bliss - what do you choose?

Sure you might have heavier snow, or the occasional wind buff thrown in, but you're really talking about a pow ski and if you're talking chocs you're talking touring.

What would you want to ski on staring at the most beautiful bowl you've ever seen descending into treeline to dodge only a few white birches and little caribou friends?

My answer is obvious to me, what's yours?
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Alpine Trekkers or MFD Alltimes, DUH.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore