Ski Clubs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Clubs

fahz
Anyone here belong to ski club?  If yes do they have a ski house, have you stayed there, and how much to stay?  Annual dues how much do you pay?  Also curious if anyone takes advantage of the club days at different mountains?
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Clubs

I:)skiing
If you are single or married to a skier, I highly suggest you find and join one.    You will have great memories which will be worth $1000s more than it costs.   I would join one today if there was one going on at my hill.   As it is, we all rent hotel rooms every weekend and the kids from our 11 families have a ball while we adults do what we do.    One of us needs to get real and buy a monster home--but some of the ladies do (rightly) want their privacy after the lights go out.    
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by fahz
A friend of mine who lives in NJ is a long time member of Craigmeur ski club.  He is a shareholder of the house they own and operate in West Rutland.

http://www.craigmeurskiclub.com/

I've stayed there many times and its a very fun family oriented group.  Not a singles club like some of the others and kids are welcome to stay at the lodge with their families.  They have a cook to make breakfasts and dinner on Saturday night and its quite a good time.  Most ski at Pico or Killington but you can also get to Okemo in about half hour as well.

If you want more info send me an email and I can get you in touch with my buddy.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
Thanks for this, I was considering joining the Short Hills ski club (live in Maplewood).
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
Schenectady Winter Sports Club has a house in Waterbury Center, VT, just down the road from Stowe, with relatively easy access to Sugarbush, Mad River and about an hour from Jay.  Family membership is $35/yr.  The cost to stay is $28/night (including breakfast fixin's).  If it is a hosted weekend $10 gets you dinner too.  
It is bunk house style accomodations, with some couples rooms.  We usually go a couple weekends in the winter and a couple biking weekends in the fall.  

http://www.swcweb.org/
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Way back, I belonged to the Staten Island Ski Club, which still exists, although they are very secretive about their web site these days. They had a house at Hunter, and a house at Killington, both rented. Super affordable way to sleep, especially if you are there midweek. A lot of heavy drinkers.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
NYSnowflake wrote
Join the OC Ski Club and come to the free tuning clinic this month!
Hey NYSnowflake, I have been telling Harv for about two years that there should be a blog post about ski clubs but neither he nor I are members of one or familiar enough with the subject to do it justice....
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I just stayed at my best friends Clubs Lodge in West Rutland for 3 days of skiing this past week

http://www.craigmeurskiclub.com/

If you live in Northern NJ this is a great Club.  House sleeps 52 in bunk beds.  There are 6 unisex bath rooms.  They have a commercial kitchen and have a chef if there is 20 or more booked for that night.  I’ve been going there for decades and know quite a few of the shareholders.  It’s a very economical way to ski with a family.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

NYSnowflake
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
NYSnowflake wrote
Join the OC Ski Club and come to the free tuning clinic this month!
Hey NYSnowflake, I have been telling Harv for about two years that there should be a blog post about ski clubs but neither he nor I are members of one or familiar enough with the subject to do it justice....
I am a member of both OC Ski Club and SWC. I have had awesome experiences with both. The OC Ski Club lesson program took me from a never-ever skier in November ‘18 to confident blue/cautious diamond skier today. Feel free to message me if you ever want to come out as a guest on one of the day trips.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by Brownski
I am a member of the Norway Ski Club on Route 28 (11 min before Belle, 40 before Platty).  I am a big fan.  Any metro-based skier driving to  Belle or Platty  on 28 have seen the sign for the club - looks like a person cross-country skiing.

We joined about 3 or 4 years ago when we were looking for a group culture and economical way to be skiing the Cats.  We are very happy with the club.  Holidays are very fun, as there are lots of kids running around and lots of chill adults in all age ranges.  

Many of the members are involved with ski patrol (I am not), so that is a plus - our separation plan for our kids at Belle is to find a patroller and tell them they are Norway Ski Club.  

It is a very good group of people, and the meetings are open to the public.  The club is family focused.  Meetings were in NYC and Nassau County but past year or so have been in Eastern Queens.  

Probably like a lot of clubs, it is dorm style for sleeping; most times it is not a problem for a member or guest to stay. For peak times, (an issue once or twice a year), members have priority over guests.

Guests can only stay when a member is there.  This seems to make sense, as a member is responsible for the conduct of guests.  Membership process can take a year or two and you have to be sponsored by a member.  

There is an annual membership fee (reasonably) and then price per head, which is capped for families.  

PM if you would like to know more.  

Best,
Dom
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
A friend belongs to Short Hills (NJ) ski club and he quite likes it.  They've got a lodge on Route 100 between Killington and Sugarbush.  Closer to Killington.