Ski Games

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Games

ScottyJack
Given the meagerness of this season we've turned to ski games to keep it real.

Last week we played who can make 100 turns on Mtn Run one run and then the next run who could make the least amount of turns on mtn run.  That was fun!  I got my 100 in and for the least amount I made it in 5 turns.  I think I can do it in 3.  (Started this game from tower 9).  

We've def played a lot of follow the leader to mix it up.

We have not played chase the fox yet but hope to soon.  The fox's parents didn't necessarily think that was the best game.....

And we need to do the ski relay race!  That's a real fun one we did last year.  

Anyone else have any fun games?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Games

YUKON CORNELIUS
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
No games at Greek --- we are very serious skiers
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
The Kennedys used to play football on skis.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Snowballs wrote
How about skiers vs. boarders, in full contact tackle ski football, and every participant signs a release form.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Passing lane drill
Have a groups of 4 to 6 skiers line up and try to make synchro short turns in a short line.  The person in the back pulls out to the left and while still making short turns has to pass everyone then pulls back into the lane in front of the others.  The person in back then does the same and so on.  It's a ton of fun and a leg burner.  Valley or Boreen are good places for this.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

SnowSnake
Back in my ski racing days we used do the human slalom, if the group is big enough which is exactly as it sounds the person at the tops skis through group like regular gates (though don't hit the people) and when that person stops (becomes the last gate) the next person goes.

If you are really bored - ditch the poles and pop one ski off, see how long you can go on one leg.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote

Yeah. When I heard that the moron Michael ran into a tree and killed himself, I just had to say, who does that? Football? What a+++oles. Only the Kennedys.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Benny I think you would be awsome in ski football. You should try it... I know you don't ski your knee hurts.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I'd ski more if it stopped raining.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
real skiers are not afraid of rain!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
TRUTH, I've skied in too much rain this year ---- THAT is going to change, I just know it
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
real skiers are not afraid of rain!  
I've normally got a pretty high tolerance for skiing in the rain, but last Saturday when it started coming down in buckets, and my new Frogg Toggs weren't up to the task, I threw in the towel. It's not the skiing in the rain that's an issue, it's riding the chair. I think it'd be fun to ski in the rain at Mt. Snow, and ride the bubble six pack. I would be "safe" while riding up, as long as my lighter didn't get drowned. There'd probably be few enough idiots on the hill that I'd get a chair to myself, or with any fools that would be with me.