classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Season Starts in Under 100 Days

snoloco
This post was updated on .
100 days from now is December 1st.  Ski Season should start before then at most places so ski season is under 100 days away.  A little over 3 long months to go.  I always find fall the toughest season of the year because most of the summer activities end on Labor Day.  Some stay on until late September or early October.  The 2 closest amusement parks (SF Great Adventure and Dorney Park) will be closing on October 27th.  After that there isn't much else to do.  It would already be starting to get cold and too cold on many days to do a hike or bike ride.  I often will make a couple trips to New York City in this time.  So, what does everyone do this time of year and what are your thoughts about ski season being in the near future?  As for ski season coming I can barely wait!
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Season Starts in Under 100 Days

Sick Bird Rider
I can't wait either. It has been a long and busy summer. What to do? Ride my bike and cut more firewood!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
College Football, baby!

Let's Go Mountaineers!!
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
DrSkimeister wrote
College Football, baby!

Let's Go Mountaineers!!

Right on, Doc!!

Cuse in the ACC this year----gonna be wicked-----had a few beers the other day w/ one of the assistant coaches. He said our D is gonna be bad ass this year, scoring points is the big question.

GO CUSE!!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by snoloco
Roller skiing, cycling whenever it's above 45 degrees.  Who knows, by then my knee may allow me to run seriously.  Don't forget the gym.  General strength and ski-specific strength.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
As for ski season coming I can barely wait!
I like the way you think.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Go Orange!!!  Can't wait for the game tomorrow!

As to skiing I've been itching for it for weeks already.  My job has one last rush coming up and then I'm off for about 4 mths.  God willing I'll be spending lots of time on the slopes but it still can't wait for it to start!!!

Bring it on!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Neve acts so cool about skiing sometimes, like she could take it or leave it.

This afternoon she drags me to her grassy sledding hill an PLEADS with me to jump in her sled for a ride.

Daddy I know it's not as good as snow, but it's SLIDING!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
Awesome!!!!

My kids are dying to hit the slopes!  That includes a too cool to be cool girl, a boy with aspergers and boy afraid of his own shadow BUT who will go all out once comfortable.  This is our family bonding thing and so far it is working GREAT!
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Sit ups, leg ups, and treadmill or road training.    Moguls be dammed this year!   360 too...if hernia holds up.    Operation next season....
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
We’re begun the months with Rs it can’t be long. I survived another stretch of the dreaded months with no Rs.