Ski Swaps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Swaps

PeeTex
Thought we should start a thread for local ski swaps.

West Mountain, Nov 8 & 9
http://www.lakegeorge.com/event/west-mountain-ski-swap-80055/

This particular swap usually offers lots of good kids race gear as they pull from NYSEF, Lake George, Queensbury, and Saratoga HS ski teams.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Swaps

ml242
We should have a poster swap.

I'll trade Pow Assassin for anyone...
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Mount Peters sale & swap is October 15-16 this year. What they call the "after sale" is the 23rd. If you just need kids skis for non-racers, these guys usually have decent former-rentals for ridiculously cheap (like less then what I used to pay for a seasonal rental)
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Nysef swap is usually first Saturday in Nov at the Catholic school on Saranac Ave in LP

Good deals to be had particularly on kids gear
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Lake Placid Ski Club & NYSEF Ski Sale

Join us Saturday, November 5th for the Lake Placid Ski Club and NYSEF Ski Sale. The sale will be at the St. Agnes School Gymnasium in Lake Placid from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. If you have gear to sell, or are looking to get fitted for the upcoming season, be sure to stop by! Don’t miss out on awesome deals on alpine, cross-country, snowboard, and outdoor gear!

http://www.nysef.org/lake-placid-ski-club-nysef-ski-sale/
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Mount Peters sale & swap is October 15-16 this year. What they call the "after sale" is the 23rd. If you just need kids skis for non-racers, these guys usually have decent former-rentals for ridiculously cheap (like less then what I used to pay for a seasonal rental)

Just now saw this, but Mt Peter did NOT do the swap thing this year. I spoke to the head of the Ski Patrol that previously ran the swap and he said that the labor involved to manage and run the swap was not sufficiently rewarded by the $$ return.

They did indeed have a sale, run by Ski Barn where last year's equipment and soft goods as well as used equipment was sold. I scored a very nice Marmot jacket at half of the suggested retail price and my one son got a used Burton snowboard.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
You're correct about the swap. I didn't realize until I got there. Apologies. I went too and got my don some new old boots
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
West Mt. swap tomorrow. Just reminding us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Looks like they don't do the swap anymore but Mt Peters tent sale (run by ski barn) is Oct 21-22
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
No idea if they're any good but there's a big tent outside of Potter Brothers on rt 28 in Kingston area. Looks like something's happening this weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Mount Peter/ Ski Barn tent sale is today and tomorrow at the mountain. They discontinued the swap part a few years ago but they have good deals on used rental gear for kids. 9-4 both days
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
No idea if they're any good but there's a big tent outside of Potter Brothers on rt 28 in Kingston area. Looks like something's happening this weekend
I stopped by the Potter Brothers swap tent a few years ago.  Had some good stuff, as well as sale prices on small stuff like gloves and ski socks.  Looks like the date for Kinston is Nov. 9-12, 2018.  Also in Fishkill the following weekend.

https://www.potterbrothers.com/sales-events/
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Nysef swap is Nov 3 at St Angnes in LP on Saranac Ave.  it’s particulaly good for kids gear

I used Sideline Swap to sell all my sons higher end race gear this fall.  Sold 6 pairs of race skis.  Helps to create a bigger market as locally there are only a handful of racers at a particular age.  I shipped gear to Maine Utah Michigan and Alaska.  When it sells you just print out a shipping label from  the sight and drop at the post office.  Buyer pays for shipping.  Seller pays a 9% commission plus 3% to cover credit card fee.  You get your money electronically moved to your bank 72 hours after shipment arrives at buyer.

Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Ski swap this Saturday and Sunday at ski Big Bear in northern PA very near NY boarder. Don't forget to shop small Saturday. Gunther's also sets up shop with deals.
"No Falls=No Bslls