Ski Tour of Cat and Thomas Mountains

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Tour of Cat and Thomas Mountains

Michaeltokyo
Harvey encouraged me post a Near Gore XC trip I took last weekend at the Lake George Land Conservancy's Cat and Thomas Mountain Preserve near Bolton Landing. The trail-head is only five minutes from Exit 24 of I-87 and it is a wonderful place to hike, mountain bike, ski and snowshoe for wonderful views of Lake George and Southern Adirondacks. Sorry for the shaky camera. I was using a hand-held flip cam. Any recommendations for a helmet cam for my next media equipment purchase are welcome. Also the Lake George Land Conservancy is doing great things to preserve the natural beauty and ecology of this unique lake. The area you see was going to be used for residential building if it had not been acquired by LGLC. www.lglc.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Tour of Cat and Thomas Mountains

Snowballs
Banned User
That Go Pro hero helmet cam looked great in the commercials on the Xgames. They showed some shots taken with it. The others here will know more about helmet cams than I.

That was excellent. The musical score well chosen and it added alot to my enjoyment. Liked the interjection of still shots and the map/topo info at the end was very helpful. Well done Micheal!!!

I gots to gets me some XC gear.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
Hey Mike, so psyched you did that tour on Sat with the LGLC!  The Cat & Thomas Mtns Preserve is one of my local favorites, I've got a couple of TRs from the late summer / early fall on my blog, Saratoga Skier.  The trip on Sat had been on my radar screen, but with our son in Gore's Mtn Adventure program Saturday mornings I couldn't make it.  Maybe I'll do the tour on my own sometime.  Thanks for posting that.
Jeff
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
Michael thanks for posting. Pretty amazing skiing and filming with a handheld. Not sure how you did that?

I'm a big fan of BC outings on skinny skis.  IMO it creates a great group dynamic - staying together and moving under your own power.

Lake George, and it's watershed, are treasures.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp