Benny Profane
But, there's no town at Whiteface.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ski Town Throw Down

ScottyJack
it's not just about the town.  show some loyalty and vote WF!  Do it!  Do it now!!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Seriously, who here would actually want Mount Bohemia, MI to beat out Whiteface?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
done and done
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
100th wf vote, but why does this matter?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
gorgonzola wrote
100th wf vote, but why does this matter?
thx for the vote man!  It matters because Powder is a big deal and if we make it to the final four WF, the Adirondack Forest Preserve and Adirondack State Park (home to Gore) will get some serious free expourse!  

If you are a pass holder to Whiteface/Gore then you should vote.  It will help keep the money and improvements flowing!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
done and done
tell all your friends.  we took the lead but its still close and those BoHo skiers/riders are loyal and fighting back!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Bohemia is really my kind of place. Really.  It's basically a midwestern Gore with more snow.

I voted for Whiteface. Blood is thicker than ... well not sure what.

For one thing I wouldn't want to face TB at media night in NYC it I didn't do the right thing.

In seriousness I tried to post that link to NYSB's facebook but it wouldn't link properly.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Whiteface is now 9 votes ahead with my vote.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
As they say in Southie,  "Vote early, vote often".  Also heard within the Blue Line.  Imagine that.

Ski you soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
I just voted. WF is down nearly a 100 votes. Ouch. 658 to 566. There's obviously some passion out there in the midwest. It does look like they get some serious snow. Someone mentioned a shuttle ride back from the side country. POWMOW of the midwest??
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
That's a pretty sweet looking glade that dude is dropping into at Bohemia. The picture must be winning it.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Bohemia looks awesome. I'd love to check it out. If you've never heard of it, at least do a little research before you form an opinion and blast it.

I still think Lake Placid is probably the better ski "town". Even though WF is actually in Wilmington... Which gets better and better every time I drive through it.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I for sure will look to get out to Bohemia.  Be cool to hit it up on the way west or just a long road trip...  Always wanted to see the U.P.

I'm gonna vote for them going forward because, honestly, the best thing about Vermont is the view of the Adirondacks across the big pond!  FUVT!  

mattchuck2 wrote
I still think Lake Placid is probably the better ski "town". Even though WF is actually in Wilmington... Which gets better and better every time I drive through it.
Wilmington, NY - Home of Whiteface Mountain and some of the Sweetest Singletrack east of the Mississippi!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Mt Bohemia is 6+ hours from Milwaukee and 7.5 hrs from Minneapolis. It is hard to justify going there when there are so many Western areas that I have yet to visit that will take way less time to get to than Mt Bo.

I would like to try it, but I doubt it will happen.