Ski tuning recommendation LP area

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski tuning recommendation LP area

Jon951
Ok, hope I captured it in the title. Looking for recommendation on ski tuning in the LP area. No major work is required at this time on both pairs of skis I'm interested in "cleaning" up. Both pair are in reasonable shape at the moment, but are in need of work.

My 1st choice when skiing Gore is Reliable Racing, but can't coordinate dropoff/pick up based on my schedule right now.

Would also consider folks who do this on the side and are competent if the professional services in the area are not up to snuff from what I hear back from folks. Just need good flat file and that's it. no base repair whatsoever required.

Last thing I need is some half baked rush job like I once received in the North Creek area. Will consider submitting my less desired skis of the two pair as the sacrificial lamb, if I get mixed reviews and have to roll the dice choosing someone.

Always concerned about not getting a good job and/or having too much material taken off my skis by some hack.

Been there, done it, but not wanting to get back into it at the moment. Cut my own hair and polish my own shoes, so want to treat myself to getting the job done right without having to touch skis myself. Prob sounds lame to some, but most should understand where I'm coming from with this.

I'll brace myself in anticipation of your replies. I can just imagine the content of feedback I'll be seeing today.

"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski tuning recommendation LP area

ScottyJack
tune shop at Whiteface is very good as is Cunningham's Ski Barn in LP
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Jon951
Placid Planet is the best place in the LP area to get your skis tuned.. period.  They have the best equipment.

The mountain does a fine job as well and very convenient.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Thanks guys..good info.

oh..and fix my own cars to boot. Forgot to mention that!

Does WF have a Trimjet?
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Is that for man grooming of something?  I have no idea.   Placid Planets equipment is set it and forget it.  They put the model ski in the system put the ski on the track and let the machine do the work.

Its sounds like all you need done is a belt sand and a tune.  The mountain guys do some many skis they are pretty good at it.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
tjf1967 wrote
Is that for man grooming of something?  
Let's not go there  

Trimjet is at Placid Planet from what I saw on their website, so I know there's one there.

Heard this guy Gomez Adams was a good tuner, lmao.

"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I use the shop at WF.  Never been disappointed, be it a simple sharpen and wax or a base weld.  They know their stuff, and it's very convenient.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!