classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Skied my first double diamonds today!

NYSnowflake
This post was updated on .
Today was a pretty Epic day meeting up with friends from my ski club and taking my skiing to the next level. It started with accidentally going down Racers Edge in the AM when I lost sight of my peeps who went down Eisenhower. That was pretty sweet so we skied it a few more times and my speed control was fine so then they took me down Clair’s Way in the afternoon. Mostly I side slipped rear-end first down the backs of moguls but I made it fine with some  guidance! Then later we did big bumps on Upper Crossover and Milky Way where I turned more and learned more moguls strategies. November 2018 I was a never ever skier, so I am super stoked about today.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Skied my first double diamonds today!

Harvey
Administrator
This is very cool. Congrats!

I think you secretly wanted a piece of Racer Edge.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by NYSnowflake
That’s great. Probably some natural athletic ability there to advance that much in a year.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

NYSnowflake
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
This is very cool. Congrats!

I think you secretly wanted a piece of Racer Edge.

Thanks! It had gorgeous soft corduroy early this AM that did look pretty enticing. I don’t think I would have gone down it if it was bumped up.
Reply | Threaded
|

NYSnowflake
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
That’s great. Probably some natural athletic ability there to advance that much in a year.
I hike and ride horses. Used to MTB and cycle a lot. But I never played a HS or College  sport. In middle school I asked my parents to send me on the Friday ski club trips to Pine Knob in SE Michigan, but my dad said downhill skiing was too expensive. We did XC ski as a family.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Awesome
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
NYSnowflake wrote
 Mostly I side slipped rear-end first down the backs of moguls but I made it fine with some  guidance! Then later we did big bumps on Upper Crossover and Milky Way where I turned more and learned more moguls strategies. November 2018 I was a never ever skier, so I am super stoked about today.
keep banging them you will get the hang of it. spring is the best time to bang bumps. supper soft, lots of room to recover. we all look like rock stars in the spring
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
NYSnowflake wrote
Brownski wrote
I hike and ride horses. Used to MTB and cycle a lot. But I never played a HS or College  sport. In middle school I asked my parents to send me on the Friday ski club trips to Pine Knob in SE Michigan, but my dad said downhill skiing was too expensive. We did XC ski as a family.
Pine Knob has The Wall which is a double black diamond run. Only problem is 5 or so turns and you are done. You just start to get into a rhythm and its over.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Very nice.  When you're up to it, try Magician at Magic, that's a true double.  

Reply | Threaded
|

NYSnowflake
This post was updated on .
I have a pass to check out Magic, but they need more snow! I don’t want to ruin my new skis there. I have heard Magic is really cool when it snows enough.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Magician last March 9

Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
You can't ski Magic and worry about your skis, even on an epic pow day you can find rocks and snow snakes.

We do need some serious snow though.