Smartphone Reception Near Gore

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Smartphone Reception Near Gore

Spongeworthy
I think I'm going to get a smartphone and perhaps change carriers in the near future because I have Verizon and all the new towers along Route 28 are AT&T.  My Verizon service seems to have gotten worse.

What kind of reception do smartphones from AT&T (or any other carrier) get in the area that stretches from Gore to Minerva?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Smartphone Reception Near Gore

Harvey
Administrator
AT&T is definitely the way to go if you're priority is reception around North Creek.  I see those ATT'ers yakin up a storm.  I'm a Verizon boy and the best I can do is txt in select spots. (My phone actually rang once in the Tahawas trees?)  Maybe Zach will weigh in on Minerva. He's got a place in Igerna.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
AT&T is very good all they way up from exit 20
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

zach
In reply to this post by Harvey
We are off N. Gore Rd. in Igerna. Verizon service is virtually nonexistent from North Creek to Olmstedville. AT&T is only marginally better in that area. I have not paid much attention between Olmstedville and Minerva. I recently purchased a Verizon network extender for our house and it does work great albeit within a very limited range around the house. We now get a strong Verizon signal within a 100-200 ft. radius around the house. In order for it to work you need a computer with a high speed internet connection. If you decide to get it shop around because Verizon charges too much for the device.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Can you here me now ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
 'ello?
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
We have ATT, up until January could only get reception above the third gondola tower, but last month or two stared getting signal in the parking lot and lodge.  Must have put up a tower somewhere.  Kind of miss not being bothered.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I believe the new tower is in Wevertown.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
There are three new towers, The Glen, Wevertown, and North Creek. For those locations that cannot receive a signal from those towers, If you have dsl at your home, you can get a microcell from att or verizon
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Finally, some Verizon news.  Maybe I'll wait.

Verizon changes spot for Minerva cell tower

http://www.newsenterprise.org/news/2012/mar/15/verizon-changes-spot-minerva-cell-tower/
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble