18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Smith Optics IO Recon and IOX (SOLD)

Condor
This post was updated on .
welp, need to free up some money

smith IO recons. these have the display screen in them telling you speed, distance, vertical, compass, trail map, and so on. ive used these maybe 10 times. i just updated everything on them. comes with everything you need/ what came with it originally. $230

IOX abma life tree. 3 lenses. blackout, ignitor, clear. couple scratches on the blackout and ignitor, nothing horrible. clear is basically new (used one night) come with hard case as well as a soft goggle case. SOLD

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: nordica soulriders with sth16's smith IO reons F/S

Condor
i now have some 177 nordica patrons for sale with fks 180's as well. broke my collar bone. done for the season:(
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
I can't help you with those 177s but I was curious what your opinion/thoughts were on the Soul Rider and how it compares to anything else you have skied and what is your ability level and terrain/turn preferences? I'm looking at them as an option (next size up) for a new pair of boards next year and I haven't been able to find a lot of beta online (at least, not a sufficient quantity of opinions, especially in regards to my style and board preferences). I am currently on the Atomic Theory and the dimensions and build characteristics look similar on paper.

Bummer on the injury, get better soon!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Condor
Condor wrote
broke my collar bone. done for the season:(
Saw your xrays on FB sorry Condor. (Not that I knew what I was looking at). What happened?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
In reply to this post by riverc0il
riverc0il wrote
I can't help you with those 177s but I was curious what your opinion/thoughts were on the Soul Rider and how it compares to anything else you have skied and what is your ability level and terrain/turn preferences? I'm looking at them as an option (next size up) for a new pair of boards next year and I haven't been able to find a lot of beta online (at least, not a sufficient quantity of opinions, especially in regards to my style and board preferences). I am currently on the Atomic Theory and the dimensions and build characteristics look similar on paper.

Bummer on the injury, get better soon!

i absolutely love them! before i get too deep though i do/did intern with nordica for a couple years. that being said ive skied many many different skis in the last 5 yrs and for an all mountain ski, the soul riders are my favorite. they are mid to soft flex ski with a really quick radius (16.5 @177).

for myself, i prefer a softer ski with a quick radius. for all mountain i like the 95mm-105mm foot print, and i also like rockered skis with a full twin or semi twin tip. generally if there's snow off piste thats were ill spend most of my day. on piste i like to be on edge, i enjoy speed, i like being able to mix up small and large turn shapes, and just in general being able to play around the mountain. they are incredibly easy to turn, you dont need to force them at all. but when you do push into the ski, they will fling you from edge to edge. it's the most versatile ski ive owned

the only draw back to then is true stability at speed. being softer and rockered tip and tail, they will chatter a bit when running them straight. keep them on edge though and they calm right down. the only skis ive enjoyed as much as these are the line SFB and next years salomon rocker2 100.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Condor wrote
broke my collar bone. done for the season:(
Saw your xrays on FB sorry Condor. (Not that I knew what I was looking at). What happened?

i was skiing the powerlines on burnt ridge with some buddies. jumped off the cliff mid way down. landed, and pretty much just stuck, double ejected, and went headlong into a rock just under the snow. thankfully hitting it with my shoulder and not my face. then walked out to eagles nest with some help from my friends who broke trail for me, and waited for patrol.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Hey Condor, I'm really sorry about the injury and the run of bad luck. When do you expect to be healed up by?

If you still have the io's let me know at what price.

FYI, the Soul Riders are $350 shipped new from Start Haus.
http://starthaus.com/2014-nordica-soul-rider-ski-177-blem.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
$350 for a ski that didnt make it through quality control, doesnt have bindings, pay for shipping and pay to mount... still everything is obo.

IO $300
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Oh cool, I wasn't paying attention and thought these were regular IO's. I'll pass on those as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Thanks for replying with your thoughts/experiences with this ski. Confirms what I have read so far but I was hoping for some additional thoughts. Also looking at the BigStix100 and looking for other options as well. Originally, I was looking at the Hell & Back but it sounds a bit stiff for my tastes... I enjoy something in the mid-flex range that still has a damp feel. If I could only carbon copy my dead Fischer Atua and have just a touch better performance on hard pack, I'd be a very happy man.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: nordica soulriders with sth16's smith IO reons F/S (SOLD)

Condor
This post was updated on .
TOP. added goggles and took away skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
BUMP
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
iox sold.

recons lowered!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Smith Optics IO Recon and IOX PRICE DROP

jasonfox
Interest in the recon, you still have it ?. Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Yup I still have them!
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Do you put your stuff on Craig's List? I usually sell my personal gear the first day it's on.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
ive used craigslist before, but haven't put these on there yet. might though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
SOLDSOLDSOLD