Smoke on the Water: Fire in the Glen

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
35 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Smoke on the Water: Fire in the Glen

tBatt
Not me, but the real T's insurance adjuster came by today and said he gets nothing for the car. He still owes $6k on it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Really want to hear the reason for this.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
Not me, but the real T's insurance adjuster came by today and said he gets nothing for the car. He still owes $6k on it.
Yes - if he had full coverage than one would think he should be covered.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
You would think. I haven't gotten the story from him yet. Just saw a quick post on facebook about it.

Pretty sure there's going to be a fundraiser at the Black Mountain Lodge Wednesday night.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
This post was updated on .
So having a lien in the vehicle means it needs to have comprehensive. I should've known that. When he said "nothing for the car", apparently it wasn't a literal nothing. It mean they gave him about $1200 more than what he owed on it, and still owes a $500 deductible.
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
I drive a leased car. I have always gotten GAP insurance.  In the event of an accident, the insurance pays the difference between what is owed and the value of the car. It also works if you have a low down payment loan on your car.  It might be worth investigating to see if it makes sense for your situation.

I'm glad that T got something back from the insurance for his car. I'm sorry that they had to go through this.
If you are having fun, you are doing it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
A few people had asked me about a Paypal account to send money to. I didn't want to link it to any one person's account specifically so I started a separate fundraiser.

http://www.gofundme.com/dju7qk

There will be a Benefit volleyball tournament at the Black Mountain Lodge this Wednesday night for anyone in the area.

Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
In reply to this post by tBatt
If the cause of this fire was in fact the faulty/malfunctioning/ill-designed or maintained oil processing unit, I would suggest the people living in this home file a liability claim against the person(s) running the unit and the owner of the home/business which allowed it to be there.   I am sure no one wanted or believed this unit would cause harm, just the opposite; reclaiming oil is a good thing.   Insurnace claims can be filed between and among friends, who should remain friends.  

This is the purpose of insurnace.   To protect you if you have done no wrong but false claims are made against you, or to make whole those you have harmed, unwillfully or negligently.     If either party has coverage, I am sure the carrier(s) will treat you fairly.   That said, there may be limits issues, the damage looked pretty bad.    I would imagine the insurer of the building will also be looking to collect from the person who ran the oil plant, if they had insurance.   Likely won't pursue if they did not have insurnace.      

If I was at visiting and broke your chair accidently, I would offer to either fix or replace your chair.  Most of us would.      Insurance is there to help me (and you) soften the financial burden when we break something bigger than a chair and/or God forbid, hurt someone.  

If that person who was running the unit was in school or under 21, their parent(s) may have insurnace that covers his/her liability.   It's worth asking.    
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Here's the clickable gofundme link:

Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Black Mtn is awesome for holding this.     Trying to come up for the weekend and will definitely contribute.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cool night.

When the band took a break this other drummer who was bursting at seams to play, sat down and started to play drums as softly as you can without brushes.  He built and built on what he was laying down.  It was some of the best music of the night for sure.

Then the band came back and found the guy and started to crank it up around him.  The regular drummer grabbed a girl and danced.  I was told but can't remember the drummers name?

Great chance to chat with tBatt and Linc from Square Eddy too.
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
I drove through The Glen on the way back from kayaking on Sunday.  It looks like nothing has been done.  The red car is still there, too.  

Enquiring minds want to know - what's the status?
If you are having fun, you are doing it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This GoFundMe campaign:

has raised $3895 in a month towards a goal of $10,000 to help replace what was lost.

Now the owners of Wild Waters - Doug and Aimee - have agreed to match funds for donation up to and addition $3300.

(T... do I have that right?)

Nice.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Harvey wrote
This GoFundMe campaign:

has raised $3895 in a month towards a goal of $10,000 to help replace what was lost.

Now the owners of Wild Waters - Doug and Aimee - have agreed to match funds for donation up to and addition $3300.

(T... do I have that right?)

Nice.
Sounds about right to me.

Still no word on rebuilding or what's coming out of insurance.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator