13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SnowEast Poll is Out (2013)

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
IF you feel that it ain't right that Plattekill was completely omitted from the SnowEast Survey, please send them an email:

snoweastmag@optonline.net 
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cut me a BREAK SnowEast Magazine

BenedictGomez
Harvey44 wrote
IF you feel that it is RIDICULOUS that Plattekill was completely omitted from the SnowEast Survey, please send them an email:

It wasnt "completely" omitted, I voted for Plattekill for "Favorite Resort in the East".  Sure, I could have gone with "Jay Peak", but Platty needs some love.
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

ashley.
I voted on Plattekill as fave in NY. Thought it would of been on the Fave 1100ft vertical and under but it wasn't (am I wrong about the vert?). I feel like it should have been under Classic as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

ashley.
There is also a write in area "You Bozo's Left Out My Resort" haha
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
OK maybe I over reacted!

I emailed Bill and he just added it in a few spots. But I still don't see it in resort under 1100 (vert is under 1100).

Let's face it the TWO best under 1100 are in NY.

Also how can you leave Platty out of best views?

Every resort should be in every spot. Hey I DIG the night life at Gore.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Harvey44 wrote
Hey I DIG the night life at Gore.  
Me too.  Maybe its our age/demographic?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SnowEast Poll is Out

Harvey
Administrator
All is well now, please vote in the SnowEast Poll:

http://snoweastmagazine.com/newsurvey.asp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SnowEast Poll is Out

ml242
voted early and often!
Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
In reply to this post by ashley.
ashley. wrote
I voted on Plattekill as fave in NY. Thought it would of been on the Fave 1100ft vertical and under but it wasn't (am I wrong about the vert?). I feel like it should have been under Classic as well.
I'd have voted for Plattekill in the <1100 category as well, IMO, nobody at 1100 or less can hold a candle to Platty, as it's not a "fake" 1100 given there's virtually no runout.  You're downhill until you're azz is nearly in the chair.

As for "classic", this is where I sent them a comment akin to "your category is worthless if Plattekill isnt at least nominated" - honestly, it's not just Plattekill.  You wonder how much these people even know about eastern skiing given some of their omissions.   But Plattekill is such a throwback it's as classic as it gets.  I'm in my 30s, and without the handful of places like Platty that still survive, I'm too young to have experienced that sort of a ski mountain.
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
I haven't skied Plattekill so I can't compare but Black NH is 1100 vertical and is an awesome place. Abram in Maine is just over 1100 an also kicks it. And Dartmouth at just under 1k may be my favorite area in that mid-sized vertical. All three of these areas are also not on the list. Plattekill may or may not be better than these areas but if it is, it probably isn't by much. And that isn't trying to take anything away from Plattekill, there are just some seriously awesome areas in this size range.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
That survey is a bit bunk. Who can honestly answer all those? Shouldn't there be a not applicable selection

In NYS with enough snow to go anywhere you want and a equally recent dump. I'd hit Hickory or Plattekill over the larger places without blinking
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by riverc0il
Skimore's point is hard for me to argue with. Benedict's point too.

riverc0il wrote
I haven't skied Plattekill so I can't compare but Black NH is 1100 vertical and is an awesome place. Abram in Maine is just over 1100 an also kicks it. And Dartmouth at just under 1k may be my favorite area in that mid-sized vertical. All three of these areas are also not on the list. Plattekill may or may not be better than these areas but if it is, it probably isn't by much. And that isn't trying to take anything away from Plattekill, there are just some seriously awesome areas in this size range.
Maybe it's time for me to have A LIST.

I would like to do a more serious skier survey next season that is logically consistent and solid. Maybe the NYSF brain trust can help.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
I'm boycotting the survey - Maple ski ridge didn't even get on the list.