classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowboard Question

JasonWx
My 16yr old daughter skis and boards.
I would like to buy her a board and boots for the holidays. I don't know diddly squat about snowboards. Any advise on size , type etc would be appreciated . I would say she is a low intermediate.
Thanks Jason
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowboard Question

Chris
Size, like skies depends on the person. How tall is she?  Does she like to hang in the park or does she like riding the mountain?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JasonWx
No park , she is 5' 110 lbs..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

TBones
Have a look at thegoodride.com. Independent reviews of men and women's snowboarding gear. It's a good starting point.

If she likes cruising at high speeds down east coast groomers. Check out boots with a high "response" rating and a full camber board. If she is usually going out in ideal conditions or more into casual cruising a hybrid camber/rocker board would be a better fit.

Besides riding style, weight and boot size are important in picking a board. Pretty much all manufactures have a chart for every board they make that shows what rider weights and boot sizes work for each board type. Also double check binding mounts. Industry standard is a 4x4 mount except for Burton which is pretty much pushing the channel mount on all of their gear now so if you buy non-burton EST bindings you will need an adapter to use a Burton board.

Hope this helps.