This post was updated on .
Sold
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sold

Harvey
Administrator
Hey Mike... not sure if I was misunderstood. I was thinking you'd add (SOLD) to the end of the title.

Stuff that is for sale, and price asked etc, is information, that could help someone.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Oh OK.  I thought maybe you'd blow anything that was sold away.  I never read the rules.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
uh,,,,wth,,,,, never mind....
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Mikey might be hitting the wacky weed
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I'm not sure what not reading the rules has to do with smoking weed... but OK... I moderate another forum and we delete sold items posts - my bad.

FWIW what was sold didn't sell via this forum, so I'm not sure I want or need to share that info.  I had this listed in multiple places and I sold it thru eBay.  Both listings I had here actually.

If you want info like that you are welcome to ask me personally.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by MikeK
MikeK wrote
Oh OK.  I thought maybe you'd blow anything
Hehehe. Up to speed now ?

I know some people don't like flatlanders but I just didn't realize they were THAT easy. No doubt that immediately launched MC2 straight to the Weather Channel to check out the weather maps.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hey Mike it's ok with me if you feel you want to delete it.  I was just trying to make sure you didn't misinterpret something I said.  I think it would be cool to leave it, but if you'd rather delete, it's ok too.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
And actually I can tell you why we delete that sold stuff.

When you do a search for a specific item you often wind up with a bunch of old posts of stuff that was listed long ago, and was usually sold.  I do it all the time and usually come up with a bunch of duds.

I can see wanting to track what people paid for stuff, etc... but it's honestly a hindrance if you are looking for something specific using a search engine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The way the forum software works, anything you put in the title of the post is included in the <title> tag, so it is clearly evident in the search results. So if/when you are clicking on it you'd know if it was no longer avail.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Hey Mike it's ok with me if you feel you want to delete it.  I was just trying to make sure you didn't misinterpret something I said.  I think it would be cool to leave it, but if you'd rather delete, it's ok too.
Nah it's OK.  I'll do it your way next time.  I honestly just didn't read the sticky.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Harvey wrote
The way the forum software works, anything you put in the title of the post is included in the <title> tag, so it is clearly evident in the search results. So if/when you are clicking on it you'd know if it was no longer avail.
And I forgot you could delete your own posts on this forum so I was expecting you to clean it up!  You know a lot forums don't allow you to do that.

OK I'll remember that.  I was just referring to say a Google search.  Look for something specific like a model of ski or what.  A lot of times you'll come up with some old forum posts from years ago that was never deleted or updated.  Usually come up with ended eBay auctions too, which are annoying.  But I guess if you want to see what something sold for that's cool too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Harvey wrote
I was just trying to make sure you didn't misinterpret something I said.

Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Some of you guys take crazy to a level I can't compete with.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
I'm interested!  Still available?
(just being a jackass)
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I can surely sell you something!  It may not be what you want but that won't stop me from trying.