Sooooo.......what are conditions like out there

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sooooo.......what are conditions like out there

Benny Profane
I want a day or two of turns before heading west, but, I suspect that anything north of New Paltz is a ice rink after the rain and this nasty cold front. I don't want to pay retail for that. Am I wrong?
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sooooo.......what are conditions like out there

Z
A friend of mine skied WF yesterday and said it was good.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
I assumed it would be good in the coming days - everyone's being very aggressive their their snowmaking this week.
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Plattekill got 4 inches last night. Come Friday Benny I'll buy you a beer.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Thanks Harv, but, other plans for the weekend. Maybe Monday and afterwards. You know, when temps go above zero.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Hey Lenny,  you do understand skiing is a cold weather sport, right?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
ScottyJack wrote
Seriously. For someone who spends every waking moment on ski forums, he's certainly a delicate little flower when it comes to actually getting out there and skiing. He's missed a lot of good days so far.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
hahahahahahahaahah  delicate little flower!  hahahahahahahahahahahahh
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
get the little baby some hot chocolate to warm his little delicate fingers.  hahahshshshahahahahhahaa  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny-

With apologies to Tom Paine; "Now is the time that tries men's souls, gone are the fair-weather followers and sunshine patriots."  It's Winter, supposed to be cold, now buckle down and go get it.

Gore skied astoundingly well today, wall to wall carvable @ speed on Chati, Hawkeye, Lies; arcing and sparking on Showcase and Twister.  Snowmaking to the max around the, hill-Burnt Ridge for the weekend.  I was sure it would be concrete, but was pleasantly surprised with the recovery Howie & Co. has pulled off.

Ma Nature gives and takes away, we have no sway over that.  It became a tad brisk around 3:00PM (early beer:30) and will surely be bracing in the AM.  I won't be shaving for the foreseeable future, but will be going left, right with a downhill bias.

Ski you on the hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
  +1 ScottyJack
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
ScottyJack wrote
Seriously. For someone who spends every waking moment on ski forums, he's certainly a delicate little flower when it comes to actually getting out there and skiing. He's missed a lot of good days so far.

I ain't paying retail for blue ice. I've spent 1200 bucks on lift passes already this year, and none of them are east of the Mississippi. I ain't rich.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by 64ER
64ER wrote
Benny-

With apologies to Tom Paine; "Now is the time that tries men's souls, gone are the fair-weather followers and sunshine patriots."  It's Winter, supposed to be cold, now buckle down and go get it.

Gore skied astoundingly well today, wall to wall carvable @ speed on Chati, Hawkeye, Lies; arcing and sparking on Showcase and Twister.  Snowmaking to the max around the, hill-Burnt Ridge for the weekend.  I was sure it would be concrete, but was pleasantly surprised with the recovery Howie & Co. has pulled off.

Ma Nature gives and takes away, we have no sway over that.  It became a tad brisk around 3:00PM (early beer:30) and will surely be bracing in the AM.  I won't be shaving for the foreseeable future, but will be going left, right with a downhill bias.

Ski you on the hill.

Cool, my old tax dollars at work. I just moved to Ct.,  but NY owes me. Gore makes snow like fine wine at times. Helps to have a lot of NE to North exposure, or, non exposure in deep winter.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
No complains about taxes more than you and you move to CT?

Aren't you retired now?  Why would you move there?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Benny Profane wrote
  but NY owes me.  
Why??
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
for leaving
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Benny Profane wrote
\I just moved to Ct.,  but NY owes me.
Why,
because by moving you increased the average IQ of both states?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape

I ain't paying retail for blue ice. I've spent 1200 bucks on lift passes already this year, and none of them are east of the Mississippi. I ain't rich.
Dude you could have gotten an epic pass for 1/3rd of that and ridden every vail resort on the fucking planet, now including Kirkwood and Park City in addition to all the other awesome mountains.

You could have also gotten a mountain collective pass for $400 and ridden 14 days at : Mammoth Mountain, Whistler Blackcomb, Alta/Snowbird, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and Ski Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine AND 2 days at Thredbo in Australia* AND 2 days at Valle Nevado in Chile* if you want to travel in the NA summer to the other hemisphere. You may want to plan ahead next time!!!!

Whoops
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
skunkape wrote

Dude you could have gotten an epic pass for 1/3rd of that and ridden every vail resort on the fucking planet, now including Kirkwood and Park City in addition to all the other awesome mountains.

You could have also gotten a mountain collective pass for $400 and ridden 14 days at : Mammoth Mountain, Whistler Blackcomb, Alta/Snowbird, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and Ski Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine AND 2 days at Thredbo in Australia* AND 2 days at Valle Nevado in Chile* if you want to travel in the NA summer to the other hemisphere. You may want to plan ahead next time!!!!

Whoops
Really. Well, dude, I'm way ahead of you. Epic local, Mountain Collective, and the clincher is the Colorado Super Pass, which is Copper, Winter Park, and six(six!) days at Steamboat, and three at Crested Butte. Dude.
funny like a clown