Star Wars

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
54 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Star Wars

SIAWOL
The Thrawn Trilogy does a nice job of supporting the empire's continued desire to fight the rebel alliance. No emperor, no Vader...a handful of imperial commanders take up the charge and attempt to turn some folks to become dark jedis to support their fight. Entertaining story line that picks up shortly after ROTJ.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Saw it tonight
Really great!
Won't spoil it but this clearly is not going to be the last in the series
Great ending IMO
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Just got back from it. I think it's the best Star Wars, hands down. George Lucas is nothing compared to JJ Abrams.

Excellent use of cameos, and yes, the ending was great. It really sets it up to go in a lot of different directions.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
mattchuck2 wrote
Just got back from it. I think it's the best Star Wars, hands down. George Lucas is nothing compared to JJ Abrams.

Excellent use of cameos, and yes, the ending was great. It really sets it up to go in a lot of different directions.
Hey - hopefully I won't start an annoying debate, but you think this was better than Empire? The main reason I don't think it was better than Empire has to do (in a very general sense) with a plot line that could be viewed as a spoiler.

That said, I really don't think it was possible for them to do a better job than they did, particularly given that they were dealing with six earlier movies in the series.  As Coach said, awesome set up for the next movie.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I'll see it when it comes to the second tier theaters, MMM wouldn't have it any other way.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
PeeTex wrote
I'll see it when it comes to the second tier theaters, MMM wouldn't have it any other way.
Nice.  Ps looking forward to your other avatar coming back.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by DomB
I think everyone  can agree this was the third best. The order is 5, 4, 7, 6, 3, 1, 2. No objections to that right?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Sorry, but The Phantom Menace is dead last.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
they both suck. Phantom menace got ahead because Darth Maul is a better villan than count dooku
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by DomB
Definitely better than Empire, which had its own plot holes and stupidity. My order, from best to worst:

7, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1

Jar Jar and the fart jokes in 1 were just so fucking stupid, it has to be the worst.

This new one had the best humor, the best pacing, the best timing, and the best acting by far.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Saw it tonight
Really great!
Won't spoil it but this clearly is not going to be the last in the series
Great ending IMO

You really nailed it with Luke being the bad guy, but I did not see Hillary making a cameo as his Sith apprentice!

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Rogue One Trailer released - Movie will be out in December

This fits in the time line just before New Hope episode IV (the original flim from 1977).  It appears this is the story of how Leah got the plans for the original death star and also covers the rise of Vader.  

The main female character has a British accent so she may be Rea's mom from the Force Awakens

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
New trailer out. Sorry that embedding is beyond me (or beyond my ancient IPad, not sure which) I guess the big reveal is that Darth Vader is actually in the movie.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I can't embed from my iPad either.  I'm sure it has to do with Apple and Google making things difficult as possible for each other.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Brought my kids to Rogue One. It was pretty good, kids liked it. The whole idea of the spinoff movies sent me on a little bit of a Wikipedia spiral, followed by a YouTube search for the 1978 Star Wars Holiday special (it's there) and made me realize there aren't too many wookies amongst the rebels other then Chewbacca. In particular there aren't any wookie fighter pilots. WTF? Is this discrimination or something? Could somebody who has read the comic books, novels etc explain this to me?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Z
Maybe I’m just still feeling let down by the Yankees but I have a feeling The Rise of Skywalker is gonna suck
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I’m not sure how to feel about this movie.  I’m excited to see it but it’s kind of sad that the story I’ve lived my whole life with is ending.

There have been some conflicting images where Rey is holding a red dark side light saber at the end of the teaser as well as a blue one at the end on the trailer.  The big question I need answered is who is Rey and who is she related to that she got the strong force.  The Skywalker blood line struggles between light and dark side of the force.  I hope they put a good ending in if this really is the end of the story.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
It may be the end of one Star Wars line of story....but do you really think Disney is letting the cash cow franchise go anywhere, and that there won’t be some relation back to Star Wars roots in all the movies to come?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
It's the end of the Skywalker family story..  
And it needed to end - the Skywalkers are basically losers.   They fail big at every turn.  

Cash cow still firmly in place! :)  Rouge One is one of my favorites and it didn't really touch upon the Skywalker movies characters..

I'm stoked for Mandalorian to come out.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
dmc_hunter wrote
It's the end of the Skywalker family story..  
And it needed to end - the Skywalkers are basically losers.   They fail big at every turn.  

Cash cow still firmly in place! :)  Rouge One is one of my favorites and it didn't really touch upon the Skywalker movies characters..

I'm stoked for Mandalorian to come out.
I agree. I saw some place that Disney is working on a series based on Rogue One also.