Steamboat Conditions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
90 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Steamboat Conditions

Adk Jeff
Sno, I don't know if tomorrow may be your last day or what... but make sure you try out the hike-to stuff off Mount Werner.  Super short hike, and you'll be rewarded with some cool terrain and probably the best snow on the mountain.  My recommendation is No Names.  Skip Christmas Tree bowl.  More pics.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'm not going to do that.  Yesterday I got in the trees a bit which was fun.  I tried to take Middle Rib yesterday and was completely in over my head.  I thought that it would be fine with 3 inches of fresh snow.  It wasn't.  There were these huge, carved out moguls that were impossible to get any kind of rhythm going while skiing.  The snow hid all the exposed rocks, but did not cover then, so I bottomed out, eastern style.  Not to mention the bottom of that run was a sheet of eastern quality boilerplate ice.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
How about a trip report?

Poindexter and I are fortunate enough to be headed to Steamboat in February.  I'd love to hear your final impressions, Sno. With pics, of course.

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Having issues getting the pictures in from my phone with this knockoff forum software.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by snoloco
Middle rib is a pretty benign black though the snow will be heavier because it's lower.

Did you ski closets , shadows , or Triangle3?   Best skiing on the mt.

Time to up your game particularly now that you have seen what is possible with more skills.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I did ski Triangle 3.  Did not ski Shadows or Closets.  I skied Flying Z/Big Meadow which was also some fun tree skiing.  There will be a TR, but it may be a long one, so there is another shorter report in the queue before it.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Correction:  I may never be able to post TR's very easily because this forum software doesn't work on a phone at all.  I cannot upload any pictures directly from my phone and most recently, it deleted everything I typed when I tried to upload them to Google Drive, download them, and post them.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Sno.....agreed the software is a bit less than user friendly when it comes to adding photos, but unless someone wants to pony up for better digs there's no sense in complaining about what we got.

That said, adding photos is doable.  You are getting ready to look at and eventually go off to college, so you gotta be able to figure this kind of stuff out.  Once you figure it out you may not want to spend the time it takes to get a lengthy report with pics up, but it will be most appreciated if you do!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Correction:  I may never be able to post TR's  
OMFG, say it isn't really so
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
campgottagopee wrote
snoloco wrote
Correction:  I may never be able to post TR's  
OMFG, say it isn't really so
Agreed !  Sno posts some of the best TR's and nobody here even comes close to his lift knowledge.