NorEaster27
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Storm Speculation: 11/27/14

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Not to derail the NY snow stoke but can anyone explain the anomalous no-snow hole in NoVt, as shown above? Clearly it is proof positive that Jay Peak gets no snow and always has boilerplate ice.
sno and pow have hacked in and negated all signs of snow from jay as to prove their point
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
freeheeln wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Not to derail the NY snow stoke but can anyone explain the anomalous no-snow hole in NoVt, as shown above? Clearly it is proof positive that Jay Peak gets no snow and always has boilerplate ice.
sno and pow have hacked in and negated all signs of snow from jay as to prove their point
Ah - the latest conspiracy theory - all weather is controlled from a super computer in the old NORAD bunker buried deep in Cheyenne Mountain. Sno and PA have hacked in just like in the 1983 movie Wargames.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In all seriousness, I heard a radar has been out the past couple of years resulting in a shadow in NoVT. Don't worry, IF the sun comes out tomorrow I am sure that it will shine over some amount of new snow greater than 6".
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by NorEaster27
NorEaster27 wrote
underforecasted gore special:
North Creek got nothing more than a dusting from every other snow event before this one, then we got a brief but very powerful rain storm Monday night.

As you would know from your forum name, Nor'easters often just miss us. We got lucky when it tracked further west. Even better, what I was shoveling was light as feathers.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I got 12 inches.

Rather fly for a white guy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
10" on the back deck this morning.  Measued on a lattice-topped table, so 10" is probably under-reported.

Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Night patrol last night with the wife.
Someone should start a "Today's ski" thread like the "Today's ride" thread.  Both Hinterlandian and non-Hinterlandian posts allowed.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
That's a good idea!

Cell phone pic from today in the catskills.