25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ground Hogs Day 2015 storm?

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
How many days a year you get at Gore P?

Coming down I'd say "moderately" maybe an inch down in North River.
Not too many, I don't really keep track. It will really depend on the weather.
Today was really nice, the upper mountain was cold and windy so I stayed lower - it was too bad the dark side was not running, I was temped to jump in anyway but that long traverse out did not appeal to me.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
So High Peaks wasn't in play today?  It's on the report tomorrow as anticipated to open.  What was the deal with it today?

If the High Peaks terrain wasn't in play today, perhaps there will be some goods over there tomorrow?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
JTG4eva! wrote
So High Peaks wasn't in play today?  It's on the report tomorrow as anticipated to open.  What was the deal with it today?

If the High Peaks terrain wasn't in play today, perhaps there will be some goods over there tomorrow?
I asked and was told it was due to high winds, the chairs were banging into the towers.
Yes - that should still be good if it runs tomorrow. There were some who were willing to do wood out though.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Thanks.  Tempting, but right now the plan seems to be Magic.  Looks like they got upwards of 15 inches according to GR.

One of the things that killed me about Gore for a midweek call in a few years ago was midweek lift closures, although it doesn't seem they do that as much any more.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
Definitely not, maybe North and Burnt Ridge, but usually everything else is a go. Not even BR most of the time as well.