Storm Speculation: 3/22 - 3/23/2016

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Storm Speculation: 3/22 - 3/23/2016

JTG4eva!
Things all of a sudden have gotten complicated and interesting.  Shot of snow Tuesday night, followed by a bigger shot of snow late Wed, with a messy mix to close out the week?  How well a blocking polar high, something we didn't have much/any of this season, holds will effect what happens in the Wed to Fri timeframe.  If it holds....Wed eve/overnight could produce 6 plus, with upwards of a foot for the Tues to Thurs period.

Thoughts?

I guess I'll deal with a foot new instead of spring conditions if I have to....

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Storm Speculation: 3/22 - 3/23/2016

JTG4eva!
Canvassing sites and looking at forecasts, looks like WF in the northern 'Dacks could be the winner if this clipper wave produces.  Gore looks like 6 inches max, while the Greens don't fair quite as well as the 'Dacks.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Here's my take..
This is a typical over running event , surface warm front is just south of ALB.
850mb zero line is thru the ADK's , moving north..
As of now it looks like a little light snow to sleet and then light rain for the whole region..
maybe 2-4 or 5 depending on how fast the change takes place..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
JasonWx wrote
Here's my take..
This is a typical over running event , surface warm front is just south of ALB.
850mb zero line is thru the ADK's , moving north..
As of now it looks like a little light snow to sleet and then light rain for the whole region..
maybe 2-4 or 5 depending on how fast the change takes place..
You forgot to add peace and love.

All I care about is getting warm and sunshine for the weekend so I can finally have a quality spring skiing day. The only thing worse than having a bad season is not having good spring skiing weather to end things strong. Light snow to sleet to rain isn't a great setup for the weekend. I don't even want more snow at this point, just give me some damn warm and sunshine so I can enjoy what is left of the snow...
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
unfortunately it ain't gonna happen this weekend.. pretty strong cold front on thur/friday.. but the late march sun is strong..

I'm saying it with Peace and Love..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Hinterlands in the wheelhouse? Could be a really "Good" Friday. This from our "special weather statement" this morning:

weather.gc.ca wrote
Significant snowstorm threatening this week.

Although it's officially spring, winter weather is still normal this time of year around the Great Lakes. A weak disturbance will bring a few centimetres of snow to the region today. However, a stronger low pressure system is expected to emerge from Colorado and affect the region late Wednesday through Thursday evening. Latest indications suggest a significant snowfall will be possible with total amounts in the 15 to 30 centimetre range by Friday morning.

For you metrically challenged, 30 cm is about a foot.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Sick Bird Rider wrote

TWSS in French!!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!

Yes, that was three claps!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
unfortunately it ain't gonna happen this weekend.. pretty strong cold front on thur/friday.. but the late march sun is strong.
I discovered today that you can....fuck the temps.  The corn is corn, the surface is soft, the sun is strong.  Go get it, regardless of what the Mercury says!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
it looks like the sun will be out this weekend ..the corn should ripen nicely...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote

TWSS in French!!!  
Bwahahahahahaha
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
This storm is scaring me, i had gotten my hopes up....
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
ml242 wrote
This storm is scaring me, i had gotten my hopes up....
 06z now has it intensifying to far to the west to hook up the  boys way up north..

this storm is preforming like every other piece of shit this fucked up winter...It's gonna rain all the way to Tremblant..

Peace and Love!!!!

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I've never gotten my hopes up for any storm this year since I know I can still ski because the places I go to have lots of snowmaking.  Too bad most of the people on here are so dependent on getting the goods from nature because you didn't get the goods this year.  Oh well, better luck next year, or you can admit that I was right and that natural snow is obsolete in the east, except for creating an occasional powder day and that mountains that want to succeed need to upgrade their snowmaking to open all lifts by Christmas.  Come on, you know I was right all along.  I just get flamed because you people don't want to admit it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
You get flamed because you deserve it!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by snoloco
You're being really annoying lately.

If the goods came from hoses then maybe there'd be an argument but there is none. Pretty much everyone here knows how to buy a ticket at a mountain with a lot of snowmaking, it isn't some kind of secret which resorts make snow. They advertise it. And guess what? None of them are going to refuse my business if I have a MRG ticket dangling from my coat.

Even though I skied man made groomers last weekend (which were in better shape, cheaper, and far emptier than Tremblant or K where you were), we the people will continue to hold out hope while you can enjoy waiting in lines for a homogenous, boring, completely unchallenging, FAKE PRODUCT while paying top dollar.

You have no soul, and you are not a skier. You are an advocate of developers for a market 3 decades from your current age. It's literally an abomination.

GO TO ALPINEZONE

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yeah, Greg called and wants you to be a mod!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
snoloco wrote
I've never gotten my hopes up for any storm this year since I know I can still ski because the places I go to have lots of snowmaking.  Too bad most of the people on here are so dependent on getting the goods from nature because you didn't get the goods this year.  Oh well, better luck next year, or you can admit that I was right and that natural snow is obsolete in the east, except for creating an occasional powder day and that mountains that want to succeed need to upgrade their snowmaking to open all lifts by Christmas.  Come on, you know I was right all along.  I just get flamed because you people don't want to admit it.
Why don't you start a new thread called "I told you so"  where you can list all of your self righteous victories? You are a fucking tool!
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee