classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Storm Speculation Thursday 1/26

Danzilla
This post was updated on .
Accuweather is calling for 9 inches at Gore.  NWS says 70% chance of snow.  TWC says mixed precip.

What say you harvey road weather gods?  We are heading up on Thursday night for a 3 day weekend at Gore.  I am going with Accuweather:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Storm Speculation Thursday 1/26

JasonWx
i say partly to mostly sunny temps in low 30's..
rain and mixed precip on friday
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danzilla
I noticed that too. Thursday's event must be popping in an out of the models as some haven't even mentioned it.

Very odd for NWS to go from 30% chance of snow (Gore) this morning to 70% three days out.

NWS Albany:

Long term - wednesday night through monday...

Active pattern continues through the long term. high pressure will slide into the atlantic on thursday as a closed sfc low approaches from the northern great lakes/southern canada region. This low will bring some snow to the fa thursday night into friday morning.

This will be followed by another closed sfc low north of the great lakes region however ecmwf and gfs differ on track. have slgt chc to chc in the form of sn and snow on saturday...but all snow on sunday. gfs and ecmwf model runs have consistently differed on solutions...with ecmwf having more of a double barrel system with a coastal low.

Both models do have high pressure developing over the southeast usa on monday...but some westerly flow could produce a LES off ontario.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looks like models may have gone a bit colder?

NWS seems to have Whiteface back in the cold sector.

NWS Whiteface Point Forecast
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i'm confident that that graphic will change to mixed precip..

just because it shows 70% snow does mean it's 70% chance of accumulating snow..

i wish i could post the Friday mornings 850mb map..showing the zero line around Montreal..

Now the better news..as the low moves east of the region , there should be some back lash snow late friday morning/afternoon. Followed by more seasonable temps..The long range is starting to get a colder feel to it..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
JasonWx wrote
i'm confident that that graphic will change to mixed precip..

just because it shows 70% snow does mean it's 70% chance of accumulating snow..

i wish i could post the Friday mornings 850mb map..showing the zero line around Montreal..
I interpret the graphic to mean there is a 70% chance of precip, that at this moment, some model, or combination of models perceives to be primary snow at 3500 feet. Hey I'm just trying to hold out hope.

Email me the link to 850mb map and I'll post it for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Looks like Accuweather might break my heart again.  Hoping at least part of precip on Thursday night/Friday morning is white.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Crap Just what we need another FN ice storm tonite and tomorrow. This will be our  4th ICE storm in 2 weeks . Our walks drives and yards are like hockey rinks now and i 've put over 75 lbs of rocksalt / ice melt down so far

Worst FN winter in my lifetime and i'll be 69 this yr . I'm usually positive as can b , but i'm weary of this crap  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Wait a minute, I just woke up and looked outside, I think I overslept by about 2 months, looks like March 27th. Dang, must have missed some big pow days.