Storm Watch: Thursday 12/8

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Storm Watch: 12/8/11

MC2 5678F589
Yeah, I was expecting at least 5 inches when I woke up this morning . . . Looks like barely 1 in Clifton Park.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
From what I can find, this has been a total bust..
We all just took what the models spewed out hook line and sinker. I guess we are all just desperate for the snow.
It wasn't just us ski fans. The NECN weather and the Grey, ME NWS maps were calling for about 5-6" in my area and we got a dusting over ice.
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
1/4 inch of crusty snow in Queensbury......black ice on my driveway.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
From what I can find, this has been a total bust..
I have a different view on this.  

Catskills got anywhere from 4-8 inches, Adk got 1-2 and SoVT got maybe 5 inches.

While the Cats got more snow out of it, the Daks are looking at daytime snowmaking temps today and all the NY areas are looking at some nice cold nights in the five day.  The departing storm has dragged in some cold air.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
nws was calling for up to 14"
the models generated over 1.5" in cold air...it is monumental bust in my view...

i am mad at myself for getting dragged into the bigger accumulation vortex.. my original forecast of 3-8 was on target
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Gotta agree with Harv on this one...yeah the totals weren't nearly as much as we all had been led to expect, but it seems to have jumpstarted the season for much of the region that had been waiting for it..I'll be happy with one run open at either Belleayre or Windham this weekend. (whichever is the best value...trails open for price..)
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Thank God the weather has finally changed.  I was starting to get serious depression since I booked my whole Christmas holiday at Whiteface.  I noticed on their webcam that the snow guns are going full tilt.  It looks like the nights are going to be very cold even though next weeks temps will rise a little.  

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
So which Catskill mountain do you all think is best best for skiing this weekend (Windham, Hunter, Belleayre, Plattekill?)? Most trails/best conditions?
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This weekend ... If it opens hands down Hunter..Hunter is the king of early season snow making and open trails..
My daughters ski coach is a patroller at Hunter..He said he might have to work on Sunday..
"Peace and Love"