26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stowe Lodging Advice

PowderAssassin
snoloco wrote
Coach Z wrote
We also like the 1812 stagecoach b&b in Waterbury and then you can do a day at Sugarbush as well.  They have one of the best breakfasts in Vt or elsewhere.
Any idea what their breakfast hours are?  Stowe opens at 7:30am and of course I always am out there for first lift.  I like to arrive a half hour before the lifts open, and it it 25 minutes away, so I would need to leave by 6:35am.  It could be a good option as long as they do breakfast early enough.
Dude....maybe call stowe and ask them. They have people PAID to help you make your plans rather than asking people on a forum that have no clue what time breakfast is in the 2015 ski season on presidents day weekend. LOL
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
.. or not worry about it and find out when you get there and plan your day from there  I would say a 6:00 am breakfast is doubtful, you can't have your (pan)cake and eat it too!
If I'm planning on hitting first chair its a clif bar and coffee for me, bacon egg and cheese sammy at best!
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
Just pick the most expensive lodging option since your daddy pays for it.  Might as well since its the most expensive mountain on the most expensive weekend.
Sno', don't go to Stowe on President's Weekend. You'll see interminable lines like Disney World or LaGuardia, not just for lifts, but for food in the lodge. And probably 4 deep at the bar (just keeping your dad in mind).

Go to Park City/Deer Valley and stay at Stein Eriksen Lodge.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Dude....maybe call stowe and ask them. They have people PAID to help you make your plans rather than asking people on a forum that have no clue what time breakfast is in the 2015 ski season on presidents day weekend. LOL
Can't you fire up your research skills

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
would it be safe to assassinated powder at snow ridge on snow blades?  that's the important question here...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.