classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stowe President's Day Questions

riverc0il
snoloco wrote
Noticed that the way the wind speed is not that bad at the bottom elevation.  I think the Mount Mansfield peak shields some of the resort.
LOL

The base of the lift will definitely feel warmer than the top of the lift, that is for sure. I wouldn't count on the wind being shielded...
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
In reply to this post by snoloco
I was hoping you wouldn't have to eat your words about neg 40. You crazy bro, and I like a good smackdown as much as the next guy, but don't want to see you permanently damaged
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
The other thing is that I don't want to hit Stowe for the first time on a terrible day and have it become another Jay Peak.  I hit Jay Peak for the first (and probably last time) on a bad day and it gave me a bad view of the place.  Don't want that happening with Stowe as well.  I am most likely going to go on a different weekend this year.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
re-think your ETD, as much as I love stowe one of the reasons I haven't gone there more and never did a trip there with the kids (besides the $ factor) is the looong haul from the metro area. pack up, get dad a 5 hour energy and leave at 2 am! I haven't done it for a few years but that's how we used to roll...
Agreed.  One of my friends, in high school his father would leave Morris County NJ at 1 AM for a day trip to Stowe.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
your father is a wise man..the mountains will be pounded with high winds on Sunday and Monday
"Peace and Love"