classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stowe lift evac

Benny Profane
St. Jerry wrote
So I had dinner with the head of Vail and Breck operations last night (Game Creek Club, thank you) and asked him what happend.  Apparently the problem was the diesel fuel in the back up engine had gelled.

La dee dah.

Does he ski?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Benny Profane wrote
St. Jerry wrote
So I had dinner with the head of Vail and Breck operations last night (Game Creek Club, thank you) and asked him what happend.  Apparently the problem was the diesel fuel in the back up engine had gelled.

La dee dah.

Does he ski?
Ha!
Pertinent question; Is like to know.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Brownski wrote
Benny Profane wrote
St. Jerry wrote

La dee dah.

Does he ski?
Ha!
Pertinent question; Is like to know.
No, but I'll bet he has a degree in skiing though!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
For those of us who haven't worked at a ski area . . . recent article about rope evacuations in a NH paper.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/safety/when-the-ski-lift-stalls-it-s-lifts-ropes-and/article_5b401ae6-a5f6-5446-85f1-75b7f384d480.html

". . .
“With proper maintenance on the chairlift, we want to make sure that we never get to that point (of rope evacuation),” said Jay Gamble, the newly named general manager at Ragged Mountain, and a veteran manager of ski areas.

A ski area trains on rope evacuations.

Every day, a resort must start the auxiliary power system and run it for 15 minutes. Weekly, it engages the backup as a primary driver for 20 minutes. Probably a couple of times a year the primary power system fails and a ski area has to use the backup system to clear a lift, Gamble said.

. . ."
Reply | Threaded
|

St. Jerry
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Yes, gets in about 40 days per year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
Saratogahalfday wrote
I know someone who retired to Warren and skis mid-week at Sugarbush now.  It's heaven according to him.
Sure seems to be. There was nobody there, but, unlike Stowe and Gore, they had plenty of lifts running, a lot of guns spewing, and a lot of trails open, even the snowmaking trails. As I said, with 8 inches of snow. And, if youre so inclined, MRG is there, and Killington is an hour south.

And, if you're 65, the Boomer pass is only 129 in the Spring, which is free skiing, in my book. God, theres a lot of old people there.
funny like a clown