Subaru rusted tailgate gas spring- lube yours now!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Subaru rusted tailgate gas spring- lube yours now!

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote
JasonWx wrote
my 2011 runs like a top..
my 2014  burns oil and eats brakes..then again i drive like a maniac .. is there any other way to drive?
Not that I'm aware of. However, when I drove into NYC I was completely on the defensive side of driving. I'd freak the F out if I had to drive in there everyday. That was crazy shit.
lol
back in the day , when i worked for my dad. I used to drive a 3 speed step van into the city 2 times a weeks , fun times.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The only way I would drive in there on the daily would be with a 1972 Olds Cutlass with a 350 rocket. Rubbin' is racin'.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
campgottagopee wrote
The only way I would drive in there on the daily would be with a 1972 Olds Cutlass with a 350 rocket. Rubbin' is racin'.
My mother had this exact car, a 68 Cutlass. I still remember it struggling to get up our driveway in the winter/rear-wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I mentioned that car because I owned one as w winter rat. 1972 with the 350 rocket motor. They are such a cool car and that motor was sought after by many a hot rod fan.

Did yo get any tickets??? Mine would absolutely roast the tires off of it. The challenge was the 4 wheel drum brakes, you never knew which wheel would grab first. You'd hit the brakes and hold on --- LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
I was nine when we got rid of the 68 Cutlass but I remember it as being not fabulous to drive. Was only years later, around the time of Chicago's "Stay The Night" (amusing video, weak song), that we realized it was a cool car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTWwkBNilI
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Cutlass convo needs to be moved to the Sweet Cars thread!

My wife had a bangin’ Cutlass when we were younger.

Oh, wait....it was 1990.

Oh, and it was a Cutlass Calais.

Sedan....

Shit, and it was only the Quad 4, not the “442” variant they put in the ‘91 W41 coupe.  

So, never mind!

Not that the W41 “442” was a real 4-4-2.....but Oldsmobile was still trying to invoke the classics Olds Cutlass muscle car nostalgia in the late 80s - early 90s.  Give ‘not your father’s Oldsmobile’ credit....the ‘91 Quad 442 W41 coupe legit went toe to toe with Mustangs of the day, although late 80s and early 90s probably wasn’t the best era for Mustangs.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

4 barrel
2 door

Great car