6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sunday River???

Snowhunter
Sunday River still has 50 trails open.

Has anyone skied there?  How is it?

Do you think it's worth a 500 mile round trip for a day of skiing?  In April????
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Sunday River???

YUKON CORNELIUS
It's always worth it!
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
^^^^^^ TWSS!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Only if I'm invited..haha
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

snowaterman
In reply to this post by Snowhunter
Conditions have been awesome!!! We have been here for the last 6 days. Most ski areas could learn a lot from the service model in place here. Trails are now starting to get thin but grooming and dedication speak for themselves last weekend they had just finished making snow and 5" natural. They had the British Invasion here this week with 1000 students skiing "Perfect Turns" all over the MTN,Very funny to watch the parade and ensuing Tea Party when they all tried to stop. I don't think you would be disappointed.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Snowhunter
Check out their live trail map. There are a lot of beginner and connector trails open. And some trails have upper/lower. I think you'll find they only have about a dozen or so intermediate or better "routes". Maybe less by now, they had 13 "Routes" this past weekend as I counted them. Any one living in NY would be better served by going to Jay, IMO. Depending on where you live, Loon wouldn't be a bad option either. Basically, go where ever is closest. Aside from Killington and Bush being down to one or two routes, Jay, Loon, River, and Loaf are all pretty much on par.