Super 8 Warrensburg

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Super 8 Warrensburg

Gunny J
  Comin up North Fri and Sat Anyone know if Super 8 in Warrensburg is clean and Ok. Any other Motels in area descent and Affordable.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Super 8 Warrensburg

Benny Profane
Saratoga has a bunch of affordable lodging. It's another half hour south, but, when you're not skiing, at least you're in Saratoga, not Warrensburg.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Is Ed's Beds still in business?
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
Community Court in Saratoga is 69 bucks a night... and is in walking distance of the bars.  If your going to drive to Warrensburg, get on the northway and get yourself to a fun town.  
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
This is where I'd stay if I didn't live in Saratoga! http://www.alynnsbutterflyinn.com 
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Footer
Footer wrote
Community Court in Saratoga is 69 bucks a night... and is in walking distance of the bars.  If your going to drive to Warrensburg, get on the northway and get yourself to a fun town.

Oh, no, not that place. Benny spent a few nights there once. Never again. What a dump.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

TBones
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Stayed here on 2/6/13 on a trip up to Gore & Whiteface. Hotel was clean and well maintained. The "breakfast" they give you leaves something to be desired though, but hey shouldnt you already be waiting in line for first chair anyways
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
I've stayed at this Super 8 many times. More than adequate for a night or two. Few choices in the area for food, even fewer for libations. Ten minutes drive to Lake George Village.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Gunny J wrote
Comin up North Fri and Sat Anyone know if Super 8 in Warrensburg is clean and Ok. Any other Motels in area descent and Affordable.
Do yourself a favor and check out the Black Mtn Inn and Tavern.  It's on Rt 8 @ the intersection of PEACEFUL Valley Road.  Place is authentic, w/ great home cooking and a wicked fun bar.

Black Mountain Restaurant & Tavern
Peaceful Valley Road & Route 8
North Creek, NY 12853
Telephone: (518) 251-2393
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ScottyJack wrote
Do yourself a favor and check out the Black Mtn Inn and Tavern.  It's on Rt 8 @ the intersection of Pleasant Valley Road.  Place is authentic, w/ great home cooking and a wicked fun bar.
+1
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Footer wrote

Oh, no, not that place. Benny spent a few nights there once. Never again. What a dump.
having gorwn up in saratoga, i would also avoid this place like the plague.  maybe its changed since then, but it was downright nast!  drug dealer, welfare recepient housing.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by DrSkimeister
Former 'burgher here.  Super 8 is technically in LG though it is right at exit 23.  Yer not in the burgh til you cross the Schroon just before the "horse on top of the store" store.   Brunetto's is almost adjacent to the motel and is one of the best food options in the area.  They used to be BYOB but I think they have a license these days.  Other options are George Henry's (meh) and whatever the Merrill Magee House calls itself these days.

BMI is definitely a better, closer all in one option.  But it is PEACEFUL Valley, not Pleasant.  What is this? A Monkees song?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Pants
Pants wrote
Benny Profane wrote
Footer wrote

having gorwn up in saratoga, i would also avoid this place like the plague.  maybe its changed since then, but it was downright nast!  drug dealer, welfare recepient housing.

And now it's right next store to those million dollar condos they built overlooking the park. I predict a transition soon.

funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
This post was updated on .
Pants wrote
what were you doing there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Do yourself a favor and check out the Black Mtn Inn and Tavern.  It's on Rt 8 @ the intersection of PEACEFUL Valley Road.  Place is authentic, w/ great home cooking and a wicked fun bar.

North Creek, NY 12853
+2
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by Footer
Footer wrote
Community Court in Saratoga is 69 bucks a night... and is in walking distance of the bars.  If your going to drive to Warrensburg, get on the northway and get yourself to a fun town.
I once saw an older gent unloading the contents of the trunk of his car here while I was stuck in traffic. He was wearing a blazer. That's it. Buck naked from the waist down. It was August though so... Probably too cold for that nonsense this time of year.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Pants wrote
Benny Profane wrote
Footer wrote

And this: http://poststar.com/news/local/article_9d18885f-7b48-59f2-bb34-c0343087a0a3.html
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Meh, that was 11 years ago.  Before the condos went in.  Had some family stay there awhile back.  Its clean.  Its dated as hell, but it is within stumbling distance of caroline and is cheap.  Did I mention it is cheap?  
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
But with recent reports of crappy mattresses and cold rooms.
ScottyJack wrote
Gunny J wrote

North Creek, NY 12853
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
ScottyJack wrote
Pants wrote
what were you doing there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tell us more!!
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.