SuperBowl

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SuperBowl

ScottyJack
With a little more than a week away I am sooo looking forward my NY Giants beatin up on Tom Fady and his little band of Patroits....

O, yeah!!  

Kinda thinking the Giants are gonna blow them out...

Any thoughts??
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SuperBowl

Face4Me
I'm not counting on a blowout either way. I think it's probably going to be a pretty close game, that will likely be decided in the closing minutes of the game.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I hope not.  I'd prefer some breathing room at the end..  And they way they are playing, they should pound the Pats...
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
When do the Giants EVER have breathing room in a game!!!

They always find a way to make even the biggest lead seem "not safe"!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Depends on 2 things:

We need to establish running game early, if we do that...GAME ON!!! Full on blow out

Front 4 need to get to Brady and knock the snot out of him. Can't give that douchenozzle any time to throw....i don't like him AT ALL but he's good.

GO GMEN!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Funky Polak
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
It was fun watching the Giants beat up on Green Bay, I actually saw grown men cry. They didn't beat up on SF the same, but saw some tears as well. NE, well, think they'll be crying a river. Won't even be close, the Giants are on top of their game now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hey you guys have obviously been paying attention so I defer to you. And I also admit I've only seen ONE HALF of ONE GAME this entire season - the second half/OT of the Giant vs Niners.  Was that half an outlier? They didn't look strong to me.

Hope the Giants can do it - time to wipe that smile off Brady's face.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In the second half of that game, SF really amped up the pass rush. I don't recall the Giants having had to deal with anything as bad as that all season. That said, the weather was certainly a factor as well.

New England's defense, particularly its line, is nowhere near as good as SF's, so I wouldn't expect to see the Giant's offense harassed nearly as much. I still think it's going to be a close, hard-fought game, though I'm hoping that the Giants can find a way to beat the snot out of New England!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Just because all of you are rooting for the Giants, I'm going to pull for the Patriots so that I can come here and laugh in your faces a week from Monday. Of course, if the Giants win, I will completely disavow the Patriots and mention that I'm a Jet fan anyway.

I hate this Super Bowl (much like I hated the one a couple of years ago) because I hate both teams.  Both Tom Brady and Brandon Jacobs are total A-holes. The only thing I'll really be rooting for is my squares to come in and my betting to pay off.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I guess being very LUCKY equates to being "on top of their game". If the Giants continue to be "on top of their game" they have a slight chance of beating the Patriots...

BTW, I don't like either team ... the last time they met in the Super  Bowl I rooted for the Giants because I was getting nauseous with the constant chatter about the Patriots being the best team of all time...this in turn brought the '72 Dolphins out of the shadows so they could once again brag about their undefeated season and claim to being the best ever...

I had a bet this year with some dude named Phineas but I guess he's not around anymore....

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I think Mattchuck and Pro2860 need to get a room and snuggle
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
We will get one right next to the one that you, Scottyjack, and Funky are in...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Funky aint stayin with me and Scotty...NOPE
Reply | Threaded
|

Funky Polak
campgottagopee wrote
Funky aint stayin with me and Scotty...NOPE

Fer sure
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
That's mighty big talk for a knee bender!  It's not our fault the Jets always stink!!  See you on Feb 6!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Harvey
re: SF

Giants played a very strong game against one of the best D's in the league!   Giants are as healthy now as they were prior to pre-season!  It's been an injury plagued year but they survived the season (which included the most difficult schedule in the history of the NFL) and are ready to really end the Brady era (actually did it in 08 but will put the old nail in the coffin next Sunday!!)

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
That's mighty big talk for a knee bender!  It's not our fault the Jets always stink!!  See you on Feb 6!
I'll be there.  Hopefully hundreds of dollars richer and hungover.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
mattchuck2 wrote
I'll be there.  Hopefully hundreds of dollars richer and hungover.
You must be betting on the Giants!  

41-17 game over by the third quater!

I ride with Crazy Horse!