Swan Song

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swan Song

Face4Me
As the saying goes, 'All good things must come to an end', and sadly, today was probably my last day of the 2013/2014 ski season, but what a day it was!

Whiteface was graced with absolutely beautiful weather today, and the skiing was great! Everything above mid-station was still very well covered, and while it would have been nice to have been able to get back up on Lookout Mountain, there was still plenty of fun to be had. It's hard to believe it's actually April 12!

This was my most prolific season ever, with approximately 60 days ... I've never made 50 before this year! I skied some mountains I've never skied before, met some new people, and deepened existing friendships. The season has had its ups and downs, but through it all, it's been fantastic.

To some, braving the elements and sliding down an ice and snow covered mountain makes no sense at all, but for me, there are few things I'd rather be doing.

To all those whose hard work and dedication have given us the opportunity to enjoy this sport we love so much, I offer a simple word of thanks!

Thanks also to Harv and the members of this forum, who have been providing information and entertainment all season long, to get me from weekend to weekend ... Hopefully I'll be able to meet some more of you next year.
Sitting here typing this, I'm already looking forward to November, and spending time at a very special place known as Whiteface Mountain!

Now, it's time to take the bike down from the hooks in the garage, and find another way to spend my weekends.

Have a great summer everyone,

Face4Me
P.S.: The Giants are going to be awesome this year, now that they've finally gotten rid of Kevin "KillDrive"!!! (That's for you HPD!)
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swan Song

ml242
Congrats on a great season, Face!
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Like you,
Saturday was also my last day.   46 days at  Whiteface...if only I didnt live 276 miles from that wonderful mountain.

Enjoy the summer, the bike, the lakes, the water.  Hopefully, we will have more snow in the ADK's next year.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Great, upbeat post Face.

One thing about those beautiful spring melty days... they somehow get you prepared for the end of skiing.

Hung with Shaman Saturday night watching the game (UNION!) and looking through pics from the week. He said...

"The dogs KNOW the end is near.  They like it because they will get more attention but they also KNOW I will be cranky!"

LOL
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
  My Season also ended Sat after a great Spring day at Gore. I had a 4 hr ride home to reflect on a great long season. It started on Dec 6th and I skied  every weekend but one until April 12th .  I picked lots of good weather days to ski mid week due to a slower winter work schedule this year.
 Home Mt closed March 30th , But I wanted more Spring skiing. God blessed my Son and I with 2 final sunshine filled days At Gore.
  Also Skiing this was only possible for me to ski after over 30 days of physical therapy on my left knee last Summer and Fall. After all those knee problems each day I am out skiing I never take for granted how many more I might have.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Great, upbeat post Face.
I always try to keep my glass half full!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!