classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
54 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: THE Crossover Thread

JTG4eva!
I’ve never heard of NoShit.

As for my ski discussion board progression it was AZ, Ski ADK, NYSB, TGR.

I used to be active on a couple of Disney related discussion boards.

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
I used to be active on a couple of Disney related discussion boards.
Lol. This checks out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
2001: Paula's Ski Lovers
2001 - 2006: Epicski and TGR
2002 - 2016: Snowjournal
2006 - present: First Tracks Online
2010 - present: NYSB
2014 - present: Alpinforum
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
Ur a good dude Markie ! Glad u got me over to,the dark side , lots of fun times

FREE GSS !!!
And Harv you are RIGHT about DHS at Az .......good guy in a tough role
And forgot about EPIC ski until James mentioned it , good,info,but too,Western oriented not that is,anything wrong for,that for peeps,interested in skiing West ,

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Rack it little man!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
  bwaa hahahha  dude was a piece o work !!

Can you take it to the hoop big Man ???m😈
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LMAO

The dude was classic

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Lol. This checks out.
I’ll let you explain what you mean, before I call out your same old same old.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Lol. This checks out.
I’m sure he means that you’re a good dad who has worked hard to provide his family with everything they want and need. Not everybody is into Disney  but I’m sure an enlightened guy like MC wouldn’t insult or belittle someone for being into different stuff then he is.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah, I’m sure!

I’m still interested to know what “checks out”.  I always get a kick out of the wildly inaccurate assumptions Mr. Enlightenment always makes.

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Maybe he is assuming topics in a Disney chat forum would be:

Who would you rather have as a bff, Ariel or Belle?

Ursula....why is she such a bitch?

I can’t believe the park shut down, this is total bullshit! I’ve been planning my family vacation for 11 years and plan on spending more than we make in 6 months, and I think we have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to still go!

Would Bolt actually be fun to have as a pet?

Was Scar bringing the hyenas into the pride when Mufasa dies just a prescient allegory for a future President filling all cabinet roles with goons and cronies in the absence of real leadership?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Lol. This checks out.
I’m sure he means that you’re a good dad who has worked hard to provide his family with everything they want and need. Not everybody is into Disney  but I’m sure an enlightened guy like MC wouldn’t insult or belittle someone for being into different stuff then he is.
Just about right. He seems like exactly the kind of guy who would post on a Disney-related forum (a guy with just enough experience, and just enough knowledge to have very strong opinions on subjective Disney shit).
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You and JTG need to stop bullying each other. Apparently someone might get their panties in a bunch for a good back-n-forth.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
- deleted -

I was going to say something, but I’m not going to let one snide, disruptive individual derail the thread!

Carry on MC, you little ray o’ sunshine!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
I like this forum more than AZ
It used to be AZ changed a lot in years since the owner don't care about his website
I been reading ski forum s since my first west coast vacation in Colorado
Then I found out about SlC and the twice snow as average Colorado resorts
Same as other say I sure remember reading here about platty.
AZ was a lot of fun back in day to
Tgr just not reading
Facebook ski the east I left them recently.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
AZ occupied a small window for me.  The Ski Sundown and mogul related talk was great, as I used to like bashing my knees a lot.

On TGR I really haven’t ventured beyond the Ski and Snowboard related content.  I like it for planning purposes.  Tough crowd, though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
On TGR I really haven’t ventured beyond the Ski and Snowboard related content.  I like it for planning purposes.  Tough crowd, though.
I think you just need to be respectful. Some of those guys are pros, ex-pros, patrollers, still work in the industry etc.. There are a lot of posers like everywhere but there’s some good depth of experience and knowledge too. It’s always the newcomer-know-it-all that gets called out for mouthing off. I’m still pretty new there but I feel very welcome for the most part.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I have a handle on TGR, AZ, and one of those telemark forums. I'm on a few forums for other hobbies, vehicles,  etc.
 I don't post much on any other ski forums. Takes too much time. I was one of the first members aka dirty dozen on an NY forum for a different outdoor hobby.
   Back in the day, I was on an MMA/BJJ forum that is now defunct. People would literally call out fake black belts and then show up at their schools to challenge them. (Dojo storm) Lots of drama within the BJJ community, Gracie's, etc. Was really cool finding out I was chatting with some well known teachers and  fighters that we all see on TV / UFC.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Johnnyonthespot wrote
   Back in the day, I was on an MMA/BJJ forum that is now defunct. People would literally call out fake black belts and then show up at their schools to challenge them. (Dojo storm) Lots of drama within the BJJ community, Gracie's, etc. Was really cool finding out I was chatting with some well known teachers and  fighters that we all see on TV / UFC.
Alright Johnny, you badass you!!

My B-I-L is into jiu jitsu and is always asking me if I want to come down to the gym and roll. Uhm, no thank you. He enjoys getting hit, I do not.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
campgottagopee wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Alright Johnny, you badass you!!

My B-I-L is into jiu jitsu and is always asking me if I want to come down to the gym and roll. Uhm, no thank you. He enjoys getting hit, I do not.
That's the thing. I'm not a badass. I know because I've had my ass kicked many times as a hobby. No striking in BJJ per se. I always said in BJJ you can tap before you get hurt, in a striking art, you can't tap right before you get hit. Head gear and gloves only help so much. I haven't trained in years. #fatfuck
I don't rip, I bomb.