THE Crossover Thread

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
54 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

THE Crossover Thread

JTG4eva!
Come on, you know it....you’re likely on TGR, maybe even AZ (LET GO!), possibly even elsewhere(?). WE (NYSBloggers) are out there!  So, if you see someone from “here” who is out “there”.....let us know!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: THE Crossover Thread

JTG4eva!
Impetus, you ask?

Brownski, I gotta ask......Stones====>mom?  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
One of my finer ski-soch-media moments?  When my NYSkiBlog trip report regarding a Tahoe trip I took a couple years ago was referenced in the TGR Tahoe thread (in a positive way).  

I don’t ask for much.....
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Impetus, you ask?

Brownski, I gotta ask......Stones====>mom?  
I had nothing. I’ve always found that answering any question with “mom” gets a laugh
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
Nice thread only AZ for many years
I stopped being on Facebook ski the east
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
One of my finer ski-soch-media moments?  When my NYSkiBlog trip report regarding a Tahoe trip I took a couple years ago was referenced in the TGR Tahoe thread (in a positive way).  

I don’t ask for much.....
I hear you. That’s cool
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Are you telling me there are other forums that deal with skiing? Say it isn’t so!
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Member of many, only really post on TGR and AZ.

TGR has the most Magic regulars, that's a draw for me. Also there is so much content you can find something of interest.  That volume of content is one reason politics works over there and not here.  It is super contentious and but still only a small percentage of the total. They seem to be better about not letting politics affect their other forums.

On AZ I feel like DHS is a really good mod, I like to watch him operate. All the mods over there are pretty level headed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
No other forums

My path to here is as follows, all under campgottagopee

RSN
SkI ADK
AZ
NOSHIT

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Interesting thread topic.  You clearly have too much time on hand these days, JTG.

I started on the Snowjournal/NELSAP forum almost 20 years ago. I still read, post and am active over there.  

I then also began being somewhat active on AZ. But, for me, especially once Greg sold, I found it got...monotonous, lost the soul of skiing and I got nothing from it. I'm now completely off that sauce...never even read it let alone post.

During those dark years when I was losing interest in AZ, I made monikers on TGR and a few other forums and was reading but never posted on those. I also found NYSKIBLOG, signed up here and now this and Snowjournal are my go to forums.

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I think I named myself witch hobble for snowjournal when I lived in Warrensburg and the historical society was doing a presentation on Hickory (which was in one of its dormant periods).

I have a bunch of posts on AZ but agree that the air had been let out of it a few years before greg sold it.  Not sure exactly when I stopped posting there.

Witch hobble exists out there on some defunct forums not related to skiing, but related to what used to be called “alt.country” but might now be called “americana”, also a humorous one for new fathers reckoning with their changing roles in society.

I also registered on TGR but not sure if I ever posted.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I wasn’t a big forum guy before NYSB. I think a lot of people have found Plattekill by reading about it here but I was the opposite. I’d been skiing Plattekill for a few years and googled them, and found NYSB that way. Then I was a casual lurker until I decided to try writing some stuff for the front page. I did that really just as a way to exercise my writing muscle, which I enjoy, but ended up getting drawn in here somehow. Years ago, I joined a couple Yahoo groups about mini motor homes when I was considering buying one but once I got past that idea I stopped even looking at them. I’m not sure if Yahoo groups even exist anymore. I joined some skiing FB groups but they mostly suck and I’m mostly out. Snowmakers of the World Unite and Lifties of the World Unite are the exceptions; they’re fun. TGR is great. It requires you to know your way around to decide which sub forums and threads are interesting to you. Following everything there is impossible. AZ, I looked at but couldn’t get into it. Reddit’s ski groups mostly suck but there’s some funny stuff there once in a while. I think I forgot my reddit login anyway.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
 I followed Epic ski and First Tracks on line when I first got back into skiing. Found NY ski blog  when I used blogger for my own page. NY ski blog brought me to Gore and I am so thankful for that.
  Son has a post on Ski  the East and got over 100 replies today in about 8 hrs.  Ski the East group  is helping to keep us occupied while we sit home in this crazy time.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Ditto. Sans the ran
Ski adk
Noshit
Harvey road
Alpinzeone

In order of fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LMFAO!!

Unless you've experienced the RSN, the RSN can not be explained. It was slapstick comedy at it's best. That's the only way I can explain it.

How I ended up there was my buddy Auggie and I were taking a trip to WF. After googling WF this RSN thing showed up so I clicked it. That was in the early 90's. From there the rest is history.

Anyone else on here that was part of RSN?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Where did the Friday fun fun with preach start. Who knows I could have been on that and don't even remember it. It was the early days of the interweb for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I can't remember who or why it started. I remember preacher goose worked with Woody. Maybe she started it? Scotty?
It was way early. I want to say Google was a new thing at that point.
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
This is my first forum. Been on since pretty much from the beginning in the formative years, lurked for a long time. Barely have enough time to keep up with this. Don’t know how you guys do multiple ones.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Marcski
My path to this was :

AZ ok  seemed both too NE oriented and a bit stodgy .good info but not much fun

Then Markie Mark ( our own  Marcski i ) enticed me over to the "renegade dark side " at the No Shit ski forum .
Damn i miss Andy Z , The Dis , and Brownville Brooklyn.

Some  off the hook insanity , fun and bat shit cra cra stuff  there .Rack IT !! Can u take it to the iron Big man ?  And my beloved ...whatever from BB .( who IMHO was really The DIS 's other personality hahahhahah....

And whomcould forget friggen  Andy the banker OMG sawing up his couch and throwing the damn ing out the apartment Window ........and of course our completely off the wall  serial poster and merrymaker GSS ......FREE GSS

Tried TGR .....not for me

then  finally i got here where I BELONG , its been a long strange trip
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I can't believe I forgot about NoShit. You're right, Warp, I was there from the beginning!!!