Telluride and Revelstoke join Mountain Collective

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Telluride and Revelstoke join Mountain Collective

Benny Profane
Announced just a day after the Vail purchase of WB. Coincidence? I think not. But good news. Best way to reduce the ever rising retail window ticket price out west (Stowe in the east, too). Excellent group of mountains. Doubt I'll ever see Revelstoke, but, I hear it's good.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Telluride and Revelstoke join Mountain Collective

snoloco
I'm sure it's a way to compete with Vail.  

You're sounding a little like Donald Trump with the short sentences and superlatives.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
You better watch yourself or I'll have my second amendment people go after you.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Just booked a nice impulse trip after purchase the Collective Pass.

Fly into Calgary > Lake Louisse x2  > Revelstoke x2 > Whistler x2 > Vancouver Airport > Albany.   Jan 20-29th.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Chris wrote
Just booked a nice impulse trip after purchase the Collective Pass.

Fly into Calgary > Lake Louisse x2  > Revelstoke x2 > Whistler x2 > Vancouver Airport > Albany.   Jan 20-29th.

6/days for 400$ plus a couple at Stowe? Not bad at 50/day (for tickets) on an epic trip. If I lived in the West I would be more interested personally but I strongly look forward to reading your report about those hills!

Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Already had trips to Taos and Alta planned.  Got the MCP in March for the third time.  But now trying to figure out how to add a couple days at Telluride after Taos.  Never been there but heard good things.  Hoping my ski buddy who lives in Albuquerque will be interested too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
marznc wrote
Already had trips to Taos and Alta planned.  Got the MCP in March for the third time.  But now trying to figure out how to add a couple days at Telluride after Taos.  Never been there but heard good things.  Hoping my ski buddy who lives in Albuquerque will be interested too.

I'm probably doing the Taos ski week ski school this year, which is an awesome value. Haven't taken a lesson in decades, but after learning of the deal last year when I stayed at the St. Bernard, I was impressed, especially after meeting a few instructors and sitting in on a video lecture. 150 dollars (tba for this year) for five mornings of instruction, and Sunday is thrown in free if you get there early. Beat that, and it's considered one of the best in the country.

The drive from Taos to Telluride is nice, especially the highway 550 above Durango, one of the prettiest stretches of mountain road in America. Could be tough in bad weather, though. I'm contemplating Silverton, which is between Purgatory and Telluride, but, one has to be well acclimated to enjoy that place, which I won't be at that point. Hiking at 11000 feet is tough for an old guy who lives at sea level.
funny like a clown