classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Big K 10-28-13

Darkside Shaman
This post was updated on .
With the coldest temps of the Fall forecast for Monday night, I figured Tuesday would be a good day, and I was not disappointed

The gondi was delayed for a little over an hour and while that normally would be a bad thing, it turned out to be a bonus with the extra hour of fresh man made pow (mmp) to continue being blown and untouched, and a lot of the locals leaving as they were hoping to get a few runs in before work

The snow was pretty amazing for October, as we were treated with nice, dry rip-able whales, and plenty of base!
They blew until about 12:30-1ish when the bright sun finally brought the temp up to around freezing, and the guns were just starting to get a little wet.

No doubt that Big K is serious about making snow, and they are pretty damn good at it (along with having the common sense to make snow at the highest elevation trails that they have, )

PS a big thanks to PDQ with the heads up on the 2 fer 1 voucher, so I had a great day for $24.50

Here are a few pics:
From the gondi, looking back down

My Shot of the day :)!

Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Big K 10-28-13

Chris
Nice report, looks like a great day!

Are they blowing on any other trails than whats open?  Anything down to the base?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
They were blowing two ways off of the gondi down through upper cascade and over to the North Quad, where they were blowing on Rime, and upper East Fall. The coverage was wall to wall and had to be 3-4 FEET deep; not a bare spot could be seen, and as mentioned in the TR, the snow was very nice!
To get "down", you had to do the 256 step up to get back to the gondi, but it was well worth it
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Where do you get the 2fer vouchers?
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Keith, I got it from the Killington website, but I just looked for it to give you link and it's gone...DAMN!! They do have a 20% off special with a 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 pass from any mountain
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Darkside Shaman
Looks like you picked a great day for it.  Good on ya brother!

Cover holding:

Actually at these temps skiing is probably decent, for now.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp