The Chicken Sandwich ‘War’

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Chicken Sandwich ‘War’

JTG4eva!
Yes, finally we get to discuss the really important things in life!  What with lots of people taking time off this week and me taking a late lunch.....I FINALLY got me the Popeye’s Classic and Spicy chicken sandwiches.  All through the summer (while they had them) and again this fall (when they got them back) the line to get these damn chicken sandwiches was out the door and down the block.  Ain’t nobody got time for that!  Well, not today.  After a short line I procured my limit of two Popeye’s chicken sandwiches!!!

The result?

It’s a bigger breast than Chick Fil A.  Who doesn’t like bigger breasts?  The coating on the Popeye’s chicken sandwich was super crispy, whereas Chick Fil A ain’t crispy at all.  The Popeye’s sandwiches were a little more than  half the price of the Chick Fil A sandwiches.

So, there was a lot to like.

That said, there was no OMG epiphany that will have me passing up Chick Fil A on a regular basis, and the Popeye’s sandwiches were different and good, but not that much better, really.  
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Chicken Sandwich ‘War’

PeeTex
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
That said, there was no OMG epiphany that will have me passing up Chick Fil A on a regular basis, and the Popeye’s sandwiches were different and good, but not that much better, really.
Junior has been following the controversy as well and came to the same conclusion even though we’ve been Popeyes fans longer then chic fil a fans. My own preference is for grilled chicken over deep fried so for me th3 choice is easy. And since they’re opening a chic fil a in Saddle River I’m sure there’ll be more pressure then ever to go.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The best chicken sandwich is without a doubt from Hattie’s in Saratoga

http://www.hattieschickenshacks.com/menu/
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time