33 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Last Dance

Harvey
Administrator
How do you compare MJ to Mikaela?

Clearly the larger the "team" the harder it is for a great player to impact.  Just not sure how to figure that.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I think it's tough to compare an athlete from a team sport to an individual sport.

One thing that's impressive, or at least to me, is the fact that everyone in the world knew who MJ was even in a world without social media. His play was the only way he could market himself.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I binged watched it for the past week.  Waiting for episode 10 to load up.  MJ was one of those special athletes.  I have a feeling we would have thought the same about Russell.  The only other athlete in our lifetime that I can think is Tiger. Just like MJ he is special.  LeBron is something else and he still has time to prove he is special.  Brady has a chance( I puked in my mouth a little).

Who the F is Makaila?

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I started late and am through episode 8.

I was a Pistons fan growing up, and so I didn’t like Mike back in the day. But it is hard to argue with greatness, drive, desire, competitiveness. Really enjoying the series.

Side note: how about all the baggy dress suits these guys were wearing back in the 90s? 😂
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Apparently Horace Grant didn't care for the documentary 😏
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
Apparently Horace Grant didn't care for the documentary 😏
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29195428/horace-grant-says-michael-jordan-lied-last-dance-calls-snitch

Looks like this is available on netflix. Might have to check it out.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
MJ will go down as the greatest team sport athlete of all time in any sport.  It is easier to dominate in Basket ball With only 5 on court at once

As for individual sports Tiger, Lance and Micheala are all in the picture.  All are Goats of thier own sports. Lance and Tiger both had their scandals and downfalls.  Lance cheating doesn’t bother me all that much as literally every top cyclist for 5-10 years before him to 5 years after he retired were all cheating.  I’m not sure why using your own blood is even considered doping when the sport makes do something as impossible as the TdF

Let’s see how Micheala over comes the death of her dad.  Will she still be as driven?  She is on a ridiculous winning rate that no individual sport has ever seen before.

Drive to win at any cost becomes the key to all these people they have an inner drive to win that is almost comic bookish.  Lance and a Tiger both say they learned some of this by being Nike athletes and learning from MJ
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I don't see how you can put Lance in a category with Mikaela.

There should be two divisions in these sports. The freak/doping division and the straight division.  If you're caught cheating in the straight division, you give up everything.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
 It is easier to dominate in Basket ball With only 5 on court at once
Easier than what

There's nothing easy about it, and, fwiw, there's 10 on the court at once

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
campgottagopee wrote
Z wrote
 It is easier to dominate in Basket ball With only 5 on court at once
Easier than what

There's nothing easy about it, and, fwiw, there's 10 on the court at once
With only 5 on a team a dominate player stands out more.  In football there are just so Monday other players and variables is what I mean
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I don't see how you can put Lance in a category with Mikaela.

There should be two divisions in these sports. The freak/doping division and the straight division.  If you're caught cheating in the straight division, you give up everything.
I get that and knew what I wrote some would object to.  There were no clean Top tier pro cyclists In the era Lance dominated With 7 wins.  Even farther back Cycling has been a sport with Plenty of drug use it just wasn’t tested for.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Thoughts?

I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
There were no clean Top tier pro cyclists In the era Lance dominated With 7 wins.  Even farther back Cycling has been a sport with Plenty of drug use it just wasn’t tested for.
It's not a sport, it's a joke.  Based on history, there needs to be a presumption of guilt.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.