The Masters

campgottagopee
Let's go Freddy!!!!! YeeeeeHaaaaaa
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Masters

warp daddy
----------------Freddy is smooooothe  and always a fav  with me .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This is getting VERY interesting
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Yeah who are these guys?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Freddy Couples
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Bubba, Bubba, Bubba.....go Bubba
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Ya gotta love Bubba...never took a lesson, no video analysis of his swing and the way he can shape a shot is awesome... but my favorite was when the golf channel was interviewing his wife and asked what she thought he would do when he got home  "I'm sure he'll put on the green jacket and drive around in the General Lee"    
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I pay zero attention to golf, except maybe for watching some final round Masters every year. I never heard of any of the guys at the top except for Phil.  By mid-afternoon I found myself rooting Louie (was he South African?) - he seemed pretty calm.

When Bubba put that shot onto the green from the pine needles on the 10th, you knew it was over.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
That shot Bubba hit was so sick nasty it was actually filthy!!!  Gotta love me some redneck golf pro that owns and drives the General Lee!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
I've NEVER seen a shot like that !!!!!!!!!!! to break that thing off on to damn green from THAT deep in the woods is simply OTHER worldly. Damn I went Nutz !!!!!!!!!!

Happy for Bubba was rooting for him in 2010 when his dad was dieing and he finished 2nd .  

Agree Campy ----------Gotta luv the dude - no lessons , no pretenses, just raw freaking talent>
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Back in the day of the wound Balata balls that shot wouldn't have been as impressive....hell, my pal Pro2860 used to hit that shot all the time (if needed), but with the modern ball there are no words to describe what he pulled off!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I would like to see that shot from those cameras that show the ball flight.   I was thinking there is no way he was going to pull that off.  Thought for sure he would hit one of those branches above.  When that thing hit the green I changed my mind as to who I wanted to win.  That South African guy is pretty cool but that shot is one for the ages... and then to hear he has a general lee.  Thats just cool.  badabana babananananaaa.   J
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I WAS NEVER ROOTING FOR THAT MIDGET FOREIGNER  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
of course you weren't.  The other guys name was bubba...  And we know you red necks stick together!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
SJ  FTW ! well played
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
The dude owns and drives the friggin General Lee....nothing more needs to be said dang nabbitt
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
SJ  FTW ! well played
What up Warp!!!!

U should know better than to encourage SJ..next thing ya know he'll be bragging up on his lame ass fooz skillZ again...Hehehehehe
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Not 2 worry Camp : U B the fooz zenmaster,  

'sides which  erribody knows don't mess wid a 6'4"  camo wearin', rod totin' , deerslayin' head-bangin'  "In da paint Dominator"  from da outback ---------------------luv ya man !!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Must admit I was really rooting for Freddy early on, to bad he faded. The double eagle by Ooosty was unbelievable but after Saturday I was really hoping Bubba could pull of a miracle. He was only 3 back of the lead but I really thought Phil would clinch it, Hanson couldn't handle the nerves, Phil had the experience. But when Bubba ran off 4 straight birdies on the back 9 I had hope. He had 2 chances to clinch it on 18, one in Regulation one in the playoff, when he didn't get it done I figured it wasn't his day. Then when he hit the drive  on 10 into the trees I was sure he was toast. If you don't golf you just can't appreciate how hard it is just to hook a short iron under normal circumstances. But to pull it off the way he did is simply incredible. Way to go Bubba!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
The dude owns and drives the friggin General Lee....nothing more needs to be said dang nabbitt
nothing more other than, Dasiey get in the pasenger seat!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!