good stuff in this thread, lets keep it going
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The More Gore Glade Thread

freeheeln
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I don't think Glade would take me on anything that I couldn't ski He wants to take me on Snoopy's.  
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Whole place is a glade
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by freeheeln
I can't recall any time you replied to anything I posted and didn't flame me.

I thought you'd think it was a good thing that I was trying to get more into tree skiing, but I guess not because it's one more person to track out the woods.

Keep it up and I'll post Google Earth images showing where all the off map glades are at Gore that I know of.  I'm sick and tired of your constant flaming and entitlement.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
snoloco wrote
I can't recall any time you replied to anything I posted and didn't flame me.

I thought you'd think it was a good thing that I was trying to get more into tree skiing, but I guess not because it's one more person to track out the woods.

Keep it up and I'll post Google Earth images showing where all the off map glades are at Gore that I know of.  I'm sick and tired of your constant flaming and entitlement.
I wasn't trying to flame you in my earlier post, trying to be helpful. If you are not comfortable in the easier glades, much of the off map stuff is going to be very challenging, little margin for error. High Pine, Dark Side, Gun Barrel better  'next step'. I will work on not flaming, just chill a little too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
freeheeln wrote
I wasn't trying to flame you in my earlier post, trying to be helpful. If you are not comfortable in the easier glades, much of the off map stuff is going to be very challenging, little margin for error. High Pine, Dark Side, Gun Barrel better  'next step'. I will work on not flaming, just chill a little too.
+1
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I've been in Chatterbox, Straightbrook, Tahawus, Barkeater, and Otter Slide.  High Pines faces south and often doesn't have the snow that some of the other's do, so I haven't been in there.  Pine Brook, Cirque, and Twister are probably next on my hit list.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
snoloco wrote
I've been in Chatterbox, Straightbrook, Tahawus, Barkeater, and Otter Slide.  High Pines faces south and often doesn't have the snow that some of the other's do, so I haven't been in there.  Pine Brook, Cirque, and Twister are probably next on my hit list.
Good choices.
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
Lil' Snobro,

Beware of the Cirque, take ye the false path to the Ravine of No Escape you be hiking, sweating bullets.  Yup, been that, done there.

Ski you on the hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
Cirque is very long, longest in the east I believe.  The ones on the top of sag would be a better start
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
snoloco wrote
enjoy the woods....that's what they're there for.

But I think the point is you should be CONFIDENTLY be skiing standard runs first....before you even think about venturing off a bit. There's a difference between saying you skied a trail and actually skiing it confidently and in control---a reasonably tight line, without stopping every 20 feet, clean/linked turns, etc.

It's not being selfish. It's exercising self-preservation of your safety as well as respecting the mountain folks whose job it is to help keep us safe. They've been pretty forgiving this year, and I'd hate to see knuckleheads take advantage of that.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
After yesterday I'm thinking Burnt Ridge is a great place to go as a second step in glade skiing.

So. Much. Fun.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
If the snow holds, going to check out the burnt ridge glades next weekend, I think they are in between the lower mountain stuff and some of the steeper glades on the dark side.  The three that run off the top of Sags toward pipeline.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by 64ER
64ER wrote
Lil' Snobro,

Beware of the Cirque, take ye the false path to the Ravine of No Escape you be hiking, sweating bullets.  Yup, been that, done there.

Ski you on the hill.
The Ravine is fun as hell with enough snow. Just gotta watch for downed trees. Sometimes its best to be the first one through.

Stay left sno if you go through cirque. It is long. figure at least 20 minutes to get down through there. As someone who just got into the trees 5-6 years ago I would work your way up starting with:

otter slide
forever wild
tawahus
chatterbox
birch bark (stay left)
darby woods
jj's glades
kill kare
pine brook
boreas
abanaki
barkeater/cirque

The glades over on BR are mostly moderate pitch but they are long long long. If you can confidently ski chatterbox top to the very bottom than try boreas. Barkeater is mellow except for one headwall pitch and the exit. If you are comfortable with the two sketchy parts of barkeater then I'd move to ski bowl glades and some of the other stuff up top.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln