The More Gore Glade Thread

35 messages Options
NorEaster27 NorEaster27
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

The More Gore Glade Thread

Do we have a thread ranking the best glades at Gore?  I am just starting to explore all the tree skiing Gore has to offer and I am looking for glades that are more forgiving for a beginner in the trees.  I have skied the glades of Tahawus, Chatiemac, Twister, High Pines, Forever Wild, Otter Slide, and Straight Brook.  I really liked Tahawus and the new terrain park glade.  Any suggestions?  Thank You  
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

Re: The More Gore Glade Thread

They all suck!!  Clear cut them into wide groomers!!

Just kidding, I've skied a few of them, but I am mediocre at tree skiing.  I've been in Barkeater, Tahawus, and Chatterbox Glades.  Might've been in some others I can't remember.  I think I liked Chatterbox the best because it's pretty long and is low angle and easy for someone who isn't particularly good at tree skiing.

If it's all in play next weekend, Glade Runner is going to show me some off the map stuff, which will be really cool.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

High Pines and Double Barrel really aren't glades, and boy do I wish Whifeace could use similar classifications to open up a few of their lift lines without running afoul of the mileage limits.  Those are two of my favorite trails anywhere, and I've skied a lot of wheres!  So much fun.

Dark Side Glades are a favorite of mine as for being in the woods.  I also like me some Cleavage!!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

JTG4eva! wrote
High Pines and Double Barrel really aren't glades, and boy do I wish Whifeace could use similar classifications to open up a few of their lift lines without running afoul of the mileage limits.
I've seen people skiing the Summit chair route near the top, but it is roped off and patrol could pull your ticket if you go down it.

I found an off map cut into Cloudspin off Skyward that I don't think Patrol ropes off.  It's right below where Cloudspin Cut lets you out on Skyward and very narrow.  Just hug skier's right of Skyward and you'll see the tracks.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
NorEaster27 NorEaster27
Reply |

In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Yes, they aren't glades but are great runs.  High pines was killer last weekend.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

F' you!

So jealous.....
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

In reply to this post by snoloco
Sno.....not that it's hard to find, but some things are better left to people finding through exploration, rather than directions!

Back in the days of my youth I took a run or two down the bottom half of the Summit Quad lift line, never the upper.  Fun, and would make a nice "glade" addition if not for the power lines.
K man K man
Reply |

Boreas is my favorite, long and opens up like a western glade in the middle.  Now that Sagamore is open it is accessible.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
NorEaster27 NorEaster27
Reply |

How does Boreas compare to Barkeater and Abenaki?
freeheeln freeheeln
Reply |

In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
 but I am mediocre at tree skiing.  I've been someone who isn't particularly good at tree skiing.

If it's all in play next weekend, Glade Runner is going to show me some off the map stuff, which will be really cool.
Learn to crawl before trying to run. Stick to the lower mt stuff get proficient there. Sh!T happens fast when you leave the glades and move into the woods. There is a difference between the two.