8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Old Red Gondola

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I'm assuming many people saw 70s Gore Kid's awesome essay on the original Gore gondola:

http://nyskiblog.com/old-red-gondola/

If it's ok with Kid, I'd like to add another great picture of a Red Gore gondi cabin as the final image in that piece.

I was surprised to see how little I found searching Google Images.

If you have a picture, that you think would be good in Kid's essay, and you want to share it, post it below.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Old Red Gondola

70s Gore Kid
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Loved the piece.  Sorry no pics of the ORG from this guy.  I went to college on long island and didn't even know Gore existed until years afterward.  I knew of WF, but all my sking was done in Vermont.

That ski area on lake superior looks pretty cool - especially for the midwest!  Wonder how much snow they get a season?
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by 70s Gore Kid
Came across some old photos I took in the '80s (yes, obviously I'm old) showing the ORG, Straightbrook Double, summit area etc.  Will try to scan and post sometime this week.  They are good quality images, taken with an SLR, It should be worth the wait.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by 70s Gore Kid
I've put up 8-10 images from '86 and '87 here.  Many of the photos feature the Old Red Gondola in action, including a sequence of three images from inside one of the cabins descending into the Straightbrook valley and then climbing up to the summit.
Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Thanks Gore Kid, those pics really brought back some memories for me too.  For some reason it feels like it's been a lot longer than a dozen years that the ORG has been gone.  As for my bro's hat, the Wayne Wong sunglasses he was sporting are even (NOT!) cooler.  He was 17 at the time (42 now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Adk Jeff wrote
Awesome pic Jeff! The Olins and the shades are classic.

And thanks taking the time to scan the old gondola photos and for giving us the last piece to complete 70s Gore Kid's essay.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp