The tree skiing dilemma

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The tree skiing dilemma

snoloco
I have to admit that in good conditions, tree skiing is kind of fun.  The milky glades at Hunter have really good snow in them today vs the icy base on the rest of the trails late in the day.  I'm gonna lap them till close.  Also the slower speed increases my skiing to lift ratio.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
And Sno has seen the light........hallelujah!

Now if we can just get him on some good bumps........
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
JTG4eva! wrote
And Sno has seen the light........hallelujah!

Now if we can just get him on some good bumps........
Check the take it all back thread.  I did get on some bumps today.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Good for ya dude. Progression is fun. Right now the woods are skiing so well. It is a shame you let people talk you out of that Stowe trip, the temps were not bad at all today, tomorrow will be cold but not over the top and the wind is usually not a problem in the trees. The rest of the week is looking quite nice as well.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

tommy
no dilemma today
Reply | Threaded
|

tommy
cocking your head sideways to see that pic...now thats a dilemma...but i did have some great woods riding today...if only my board thought the same...time for some ptex
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Response to Powder Assassin's post in the Stowe vs. Sugarbush thread that was a reply to my earlier post in this thread.

Hunter is really crowded, so the trails get pounded by thousands and thousands of skiers and snowboarders each and every day.  This means nightly grooming which can cause the natural and manmade to mix.  Manmade is icier and it went through freeze-thaws more often.  The ungroomed stuff still has the natural snow piled up in bumps and on Westway, it skied better than Clair's Way right next to it which was groomed.  I'm not saying they shouldn't have groomed the other trails.  They needed to or otherwise they'd be bumped up real bad and no one could ski them and they'd be in worse shape than when they were groomed.  Westway doesn't see as much skier traffic, so it didn't need to be groomed and leaving it ungroomed made the conditions better.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
I thought this one was interesting list.  I stumbled upon it while checking out Red Mountain website: Top 10 Resorts in the World for Tree Skiing

Red has some great trees, but I thought Revelstoke would have made the list before Red.  The Ruskies got #1.

Anybody every considered a trip to Russia for tree skiing? Looks pretty good in this zone at Krasnaya Polyana