This just in from TGR

tBatt
Saw it on Facebook. Made me chuckle.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: This just in from TGR

PowderAssassin
Yeah lets get into the backcountry to ride pure ice..
Is that enjoyable? LOL
I guess something to make east coasters feel "core" and better about their ice coast conditions we have majority of the time in most of the northeast
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User

So far the majority of my days this year have been powder days.  How about you?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
With a name like Xavier De La Rue, I imagine him all dressed in black and sporting a long handlebar mustache, planning a dastardly deed.

Why would he do that, btw?
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Benny Profane wrote
With a name like Xavier De La Rue, I imagine him all dressed in black and sporting a long handlebar mustache, planning a dastardly deed.

Why would he do that, btw?

Because he can.....
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
I saw the video, it is crazy, he just straightlines across these huge ice fields. The speed is insane. Xavier is a long time pro, competed in border cross in the olympics, and grew up on Big Mountains. This probably started as a lark but it looks good on film: something nobody else does that noone has seen before. I am sure he has seen more and deeper pow than we will in a lifetime.....
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
skunkape wrote
I saw the video, it is crazy, he just straightlines across these huge ice fields. The speed is insane. Xavier is a long time pro, competed in border cross in the olympics, and grew up on Big Mountains. This probably started as a lark but it looks good on film: something nobody else does that noone has seen before. I am sure he has seen more and deeper pow than we will in a lifetime.....
It's a stupid video. It's just pure risk taking. It wouldn't even have to involve skiing. No purity to it.

He could get a lot more speed on snow than he could ever get on ice since he could control his edges on actual snow at over 100mph. That's not happening on pure boiler plate ice like in that video. It's called speed sking. If you want top speed you want steep, long, and perfectly groomed snow with no ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5HtJ5tou8
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
PowderAssassin wrote
skunkape wrote
It's a stupid video. It's just pure risk taking. It wouldn't even have to involve skiing. No purity to it.

He could get a lot more speed on snow than he could ever get on ice since he could control his edges on actual snow at over 100mph. That's not happening on pure boiler plate ice like in that video. It's called speed sking. If you want top speed you want steep, long, and perfectly groomed snow with no ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5HtJ5tou8
What you see as a risk someone else will see as fun way to spend a day in the mountains. That guy is one of the most accomplished snowboarders in the world.

In the last few years he has been riding some very steep and exposed lines that have mandatory straight lines over ice falls. It embraces the spirit of pioneering and exploration.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Never been that bored.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by tBatt

Pucker up.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote

Pucker up.
Was that jay peak or stowe in the video? lol

That guy is for sure a darwin award winner with some of the crazy shit he does. Hopefully he doesn't get killed. Did you see the recent one with that narrow chute?
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
That's what I meant to post. C-R-A-Z-Y.

(I corrected it in the original post)

PS- That chute was at Mountain Creek I think.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
All 3 days i've had in have been POW!  snow ridge opening day (35")  killi on thanksgiving and hunter this past wednesday!